Chapter 132

Combing down her hair, Lin Ning didn't think that those twins were this cunning. 'Can't believe they managed to set up a date for their father and me.' She was getting dressed up Su Su arrived in the room to help.

Being dressed in a simple purple hanfu, her hair had been pinned with purple flower assortments. Wearing a purple blindfold to match, she didn't even know what she wore but was told every detail by Su Su. "Mad- Ning still looks as beautiful as ever. The master would be pleased by your appearance, and this date will surely go well." Su Su smiled, thinking about how it was just a day for the master and madam to enjoy.

"Su Su, does Cao Peizhi usually go out on dates with other ladies?" Lin Ning was curious; she wanted to know if Cao Peizhi had other women that he went out with other than her.

'Why is the madam asking? Is this perhaps a sign of jealousy?' Su Su didn't know if it was or not, but they were feeling oddly happy that she was asking. "The master doesn't take or go out with anyone. He only has one woman in mind and won't ever take in another wife or mistress. You don't have to feel insecure with the master."

Lin Ning wasn't particularly asking that or was she. "Did the woman who gave birth to those two children look like me?" Lin Ning had been curious to know.

Su Su felt their heartbreaking; it truly was unfortunate that Lin Ning did not remember any of them. It hurt everyone more than anything, but it would hurt Lin Ning more if she remembered it all. "Ning, I am not obliged to say. If anything, only the master can give you that answer. He is a man who remembers more than anyone here."

Lin Ning didn't think she would have to get the answer from Cao Peizhi, but she would have to ask him later in the day. "Mother! Father is here to pick you up!" Cao Anli shouted from outside the room; he was standing next to his sister.

Lin Ning sighed, seeing how those children went there to see her and Cao Peizhi go out on the date. 'I need to teach those two children a lesson. They shouldn't see me as an easy woman to push around now.' Holding her head, she had to be sure to avoid the bed today with Cao Peizhi. 'I cannot let myself get drawn to that scene!' Walking out of her room, her hand was held by Cao Peizhi, who smiled to see her beautifully dressed.

"The dress matches you very well, wife." He had pulled her close, wrapping his hand around her waist while whispering that into her ear.

'What the h*ll!?!?' Lin Ning wished that she could punch this man in the face.

The twins gasped, facing each other as they whispered when it could easily be heard. "Mother will surely give you a little baby brother or baby sister!" Cao Anli whispered to Cao Yating, holding a smirk this time.

"Maybe mother already has our baby brother or baby sister! Uncle Changpu said babies could come from when a father and mother go on a date! Maybe we can ask Big Aunt to help us make something!" Cao Yating replied.

'Who is this 'Uncle Changpu'? What kind of knowledge is he feeding my children!?' Lin Ning not only wanted to punch Cao Peizhi in the face but the uncle whom the twins were getting their knowledge from. "Hurry up, and let's get this date over with." Lin Ning had pushed herself out of Cao Peizhi's arms, walking on out of place to end the dater sooner.

Cao Peizhi shook his head, seeing Lin Ning was trying to get the day over with when his twins held onto his hands. They were gesturing for their father to lend him an ear real quick. "Father has to be sure to make mother happy today!" Cao Yating smiled sweetly at her father.

"Mhm! Father has to be sure to make mother smile so that she can give us a baby brother or baby sister!" Cao Anli was still focused on the part of having a new baby brother or sister.

'It seems I will have to have a thorough talk with Changpu. He really is feeding my children false information, but at least I can tell their future wife and husband how they thought babies were born.' Cao Peizhi laughed inside his head but kissed his two children's heads before he followed Lin Ning.

Both had entered the carriage, sitting next to each other with some awkward silence. "Where are we going?" Lin Ning didn't know where they were headed, but she faced the carriage window when she didn't see anything.

Cao Peizhi had one place in mind, "I think you will like that place that we are going. I hope that it's to your liking." Their carriage had stopped, arriving at the noodle shop they had both gone to. Only Cao Peizhi was the only one who remembers that time.

Lin Ning took a step out of the carriage, holding onto Cao Peizhi's hand that did not let her go. She had been hit with the scent of noodles, which was familiar to her. 'Why is everything here getting familiar to me? Every time I am with this man, I feel like I know this place but can't remember. Did we know each other before?' Lin Ning was questioning; she wanted to ask this man many questions but feared for the answers.

"Let's go inside." Cao Peizhi and Lin Ning walked into the noodle shop, sitting near the window that was their usual spot. He hadn't even taken his two children to this place, but he was waiting for them to be a bit older. Ordering the special dishes, he had Lin Ning sit right next to him. "I know you can't see any of this, but I hope the food will be to your liking at least."

"You don't have to worry about how I feel about this place. Since this is a date, then I can't be one to judge where the date is. Also, I am playing the role as those children's 'mother' and the role as your 'wife' then I am just fulfilling my role." Lin Ning took hold of the chopsticks once she heard the plates get placed down at their table.

Cao Peizhi felt his heart ache to hear that from her, but he knew she wasn't to blame. He still blamed himself for what happened years ago. Helping her, he had moved the plates towards her, with the noodles being the first thing for her taste. "Try the noodles first."