Chapter 78

Lin Ning knew that something like this would happen once she took a step out of her carriage. "Mother, I want to make her my concubine." The second prince spoke out, looking at his mother, who was enraged by what she was witnessing.

"You can't bring a woman who has a criminal background into this palace! Do you understand what kind of image it will give you?!"

Lin Ning listened, refusing to cooperate or go along with everything that she was never involved with. 'Tsk, all of this is going to be like a tsunami kicking in.'

"Mother, I've never asked you for anything but this. Can you allow this woman to be a concubine in my home? I love this woman!" The second prince begged his mother, going on his knees in front of the empress.

'Oh, it seems as though the empress is even more upset.' Lin Ning opened her eyes to see more red around with anger erupting more and more within the empress. 'Will the empress even agree to all of this or have me beheaded as a criminal should?' Lin Ning wasn't afraid to die at this point.

"!" The Empress shouted her son's full name, thinking of how she raised a son like him. 'This disrespectful child! He would actually think about bringing in a woman who does not have a good background or image! She will be the cause of staining the royal family's image and history!' The empress went closer to Lin Ning, staring at the blind woman who was well known for the empress dowager's birthday with her skills in playing her instrument. "What did you do to make my son fall so head over heels for you?" The empress stood in front of LIn Ning, unsure of how to read her since ther would be signs of some sort that would indicate that Lin Ning was either nervous or afraid; there were none.

"Mother! She did not do anything! I am the one who wanted her to be my concubine. If there is anyone who should be punished, then it should be me." The second prince knew that the most challenging part about this was making his mother agree to let Lin Ning join his harem.

Lin Ning could hear the second prince standing up to speak, but she did not even know how she made the second prince fall head over heels for her either. "Your highness, I have no idea how it happened. I hav-"

"It is fine to have another concubine." Entering the place, Qian Qiang appeared in front of everyone with a gentle and kind smile on her face. Cutting off Lin Ning from speaking her mind would have sent her to the cell from there.

"Qiang?" The second prince stared at his princess consort, who was willing to let Lin Ning stay in his manor and become his concubine.

Qian Qiang laid her hand on her belly, walking down the steps that were at the entrance. "Mother." She could see that the empress was not happy in the slightest about this whole situation.

"Qiang, you do not need to agree to this. This woman is nothing more than a criminal. There is nothing that she can give in all of this." The empress did not want her daughter-in-law to vouch for a woman of no use to them.

Qian Qiang knew that her mother-in-law would say that, but she went up to her mother-in-law to whisper. "A concubine is just a concubine, and she is nothing more than a blind woman. There is nothing that she can do here but be a prisoner." Qian Qiang told her mother-in-law, the empress, knew that most concubines in the harem would never go another rank since she was already the empress and knew her way through to framing them all.

The empress knew that she would hate all of this, but since her daughter-in-law agreed and her son was willing to beg her to bring this woman in. "Hmph, fine. This woman will be the sixth concubine." The empress made the call, allowing Lin Niing to become one of the second prince's concubines. "She can never be an imperial consort. She has a reputation that can never be erased." The empress went over to Qian Qiang, holding her daughter-in-law's hand. "You should be resting. It isn't good for you to come out while carrying my grandchild."

Lin Ning had let out a sigh, thinking about how rankings worked here. 'A concubine is the lowest and third rank for the harem. The imperial consort is the second rank, and then there is the Princess consort, the primary spouse who holds full power over the harem and likely the next ruler or empress.' Lin Ning did not bother with her title because she was Cao Peizhi's one and only wife in her heart.

"Go and help my sixth concubine dress up. Have her reside in the Lotus manor; I will be visiting her tonight." The second prince ordered the maids around to take Lin Ning to her new home that she would be living at.

The maids had taken Lin Ning; she did not turn her head to look back at the second prince. 'Bothersome. How am I going to get out of here now? The second prince wants me to beg him to help me. Tsk that is something that he will never see in a million years.'

***

"It is done!!!!" Chun Yunchen shouted from his tent, running out to Cao Peizhi's tent in a rush with his heart beating rapidly. "Cao Peizhi!!!" Chun Yunchen entered his tent to see that he had been looking at a whistle. Seeing Cao Peizhi tuck it away, he did not bother to ask what it was or who it belonged to with a good thought already.

"What did you finish that made you run all the way here just to tell me?" Even though Lin Ning was gone, Cao Peizhi had never seen Chun Yunchen this happy before.

"This!" Chun Yunchen took the prosthetic limb out, holding it out to show Cao Peizhi, who did not really see any difference.

"What about it?" Cao Peizhi did not know what to say since he knew nothing about what Chun Yunchen was making throughout this entire time.

"You need to try it on!" Chun Yunchen went over to his side, pulling up Cao Peizhi's sleeve to see his missing left limb. Cao Peizhi watched the child do as he pleased, seeing how the child had a look of determination with hope this this 'thing' of his would work. "Alright! That should do it!" Chun Yunchen had the prosthetic arm fully attached and functioning while recognizing the person it was attached to. "Try moving it!"