Chapter 113

Cao Peizhi and his men had followed after the empress and the second prince's princess consort, who were all running on foot when they then surrounded them all.

"Y-You! How are you still alive?! You were labeled as dead?!" The empress couldn't believe that Cao Peizhi was alive in front of her with an arm that looked real, as if he had never lost it in the first place.

"It doesn't matter how I am alive. What is clear is that you and your son will be both sentenced to death." Staring at the princess consort holding her child, he made him think of Lin Ning and their children. "As for your grandson and daughter-in-law, I have no idea what the crown prince plans to do. Please come with us and do not struggle."

"Do you think I will let you all just take my family and me?! Protect your empress and future emperor!" The previous Zhao empress was not going to give up without a fight.

"You shouldn't even be here." Qian Qiang then held a sinister smile, looking at Cao Peizhi, who was troubled by her smile.

"What are you saying?" He questioned her.

"Hehe, I know that the woman known as Lin Ning is alive and has two children. I've sent my men to kill her and the two children. By now, they must have burned that place to ashes!" Qian Qiang shouted, shocking Cao Peizhi, who didn't want to believe it but the thought that Qian Qiang knew about the two children meant that it wasn't fake. "Now!!!" Qian Qiang had their men toss a smoke bomb which drowned the entire place with smoke that could not let anyone see anything.

Once the smoke had cleared, the fallen empress and the second princess consort were gone with their people. "All of you return to the crown prince!" Cao Peizhi charged forth to the direction where Lin Ning was. He knew that things would turn out well since the battle was just about ending with the sounds of clashing weapons that could no longer be heard. The only thing that ran through his head was Lin Ning and his children. 'Please be safe!'

***

Lin Ning was with her two children in their room when Qin Yun finally found a carriage for all of them to use and meet up with Lin Ning's parents. "Miss, I found a carriage that we can all use." Qin Yun had a horse pull the carriage as he smiled to see that everyone was just about ready to leave.

"Alright, I've got all the clothes and food prepared." Su Su draped a bag over his back, carrying one in his other hand.

"We should start making our way now. We don't want to make them all wait any longer." Hun Cuifen smiled, looking at all of them as she helped carry one of the infants. Lin Ning carried her other child and led her to the carriage as they took their seat.

"How long do you all think it will take for us to get there?" Lin Ning then asked.

"If we start now without stopping, it may take us at least two days' worth of travel. Since we will be stopping from time to time, it would take at least four days." Qin Yun knew from traveling back and forth that it would take some time for them to get there.

"Will we see Peizhi there?" Lin Ning wanted to know if they would meet Cao Peizhi there.

"I am sure that we will. Master loves you a lot so that he would meet us there." Qin Yun remained cheerful and optimistic.

Lin Ning nodded her head, holding her daughter in her arms while Hun Cuifen held onto her son. They had been sitting there in the carriage when Qin Yun noticed a few of them running behind them on horses. He took a closer look, noticing that they held a symbol that belonged to the second princess consort and empress. "Hold on tight!" He started to whip the horse that pulled their carriage, making it hard for the trip to be steady and smooth.

"Ahhhh!!!"

Everyone in the carriage screamed, feeling the speed of the carriage that was no longer at a safe pace. Lin Ning held onto her daughter more closely and opened her eyes behind her blindfold. Turning to look behind her, she could see that those people had come to kill then. "Qin Yun! Who are those people?!" She shouted from inside the carriage.

"It seems as though the empress and second princess consort's people found you! They won't let you off! I will make sure that you all make out of here alive!" Qin Yun pulled out a few small daggers of his. Hitting only two of the assassins, with the remaining seven still chasing after them. 'Damn it! They found us right when we were about to leave!' Hearing the sound of a bow being pulled, he turned around to see that the assassins were getting ready to shoot arrows. "All of you, get away from the window!" He shouted after.

The three inside the carriage had listened, avoiding the windows right when arrows were shot inside. Lin Ning and Hun Cuifen used their bodies as shields for the infants. Su Su was getting tired of sitting around and dodging, moving the curtain from the window as they tossed the bag of clothes that flew—hitting one. Assassin and their horses fell over from the loss of vision. "Two down!" Su Su shouted, seeing that they got rid of two more with the remaining five left.

'They are here for me. They will also try and take my children's life.' Lin Ning knew that they needed to all separate. "Hun Cuifen! Su Su! Both of you listen to me!" Knowing that this plan was going to part her from her two children. In tears, she kissed her daughter's head in this commotion. Having the two listen in to her plan while Qin Yun had no time to listen or focus on.