Chapter 53

Cao Peizhi looked to the people who followed behind them with the wolf—giving them a look to leave the two of them to talk alone. The three had disappeared to guard around and keep an eye out since they were outside the border walls. On the other hand, Mei Mei only sat there with no look of leaving them. Letting the wolf do as she pleased, it was clear that she was stubborn. "The Second Prince's Princess Consort had attacked your home." Cao Peizhi told her that her face was in shock and fear behind the blindfold.

"She would dare actually to attack my family and my people!" Lin Ning tightly clutched her hand, not knowing what to do without even realizing that her nails dug deeply into her skin with blood that started to seep out.

"Don't hurt yourself!" Cao Peizhi took her hands, opening them up. He did not want her to injure her hand, which still had a bandage wrapped around from the coal-burning her. He knew that she would react somehow, but he did not expect her to hurt herself in this way. "Your parents are safe. Duan Fa managed to call some of my men who stuck around there. They were all able to escape safely, but your parents have been pronounced dead while you are missing." He said while taking out a handkerchief to press down lightly onto her minor injuries.

Lin Ning took a deep breath, letting it out after that allowed her to feel the stinging on her palm. "As long as my parents and my little brother or sister are safe, then I calm down." Taking another breath, she did not like it the least bit that her people had been targeted. 'What did I do to get that woman to come at my people and me?' She never once felt this angry, but since it involved her family, then it became more serious for her.

"You silly woman. How can you be thinking of something else when you just injured yourself. I'll have to do more than just tie your hands up." Coa Peizhi flicked her forehead, making her cry slightly in pain.

"Ack!" Rubbing her forehead lightly, she did not think he would do that. "Sorry... you should know how I am when it comes to my people." She turned her face away, sighing after.

"Oh, would you feel the same or do the same if it were me?" Cao Peizhi moved his face closer to hers, wishing for an answer that would please him.

Her hand was still held by his, knowing that she could not turn her back on him to hide. "I... I think I would do worse than this... since it involves you." She mumbled the last few words, but Cao Peizhi could hear them without any problem.

Cao Peizhi held a smile, hugging her close to him with his single arm. "I'm glad that you would, but I think if it were me, then I would bring disaster upon this world. I can't imagine a world without you in it."

Lin Ning felt her heart beating with happiness and shock all at once; she then held a smile. "I won't leave you alone. Wherever you go, then I will go. You are one of the only men who has fought so hard to protect me and stay by my side even though I have unfortunate luck with one of my senses." Being able to take one of her hands and lay it onto her blindfolded eyes.

"I should be the one telling you that. I do not even have four limbs as a 'normal' person would." Taking her single hand, he laid it on his cheek. "I only wish that we can continue to be together after everything is resolved." He laid a kiss on her palm.

'OH MY GOD!!!!!! IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING TO ME?!?!? MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS JUST TOO ROMANTIC AT THIS MOMENT!!!!!' Never in her entire life would she think that something like this would occur. 'If this is some dream, then never let me wake up from it.' She cried inside with joy. 'Compose yourself.' She reminded me to remain calm and think clearly. "There is still a lot that we have to get through. That reminds me." Lin Ning did not know if had finished what she asked for. "Where is Cuifen?" She asked.

"I believe that she mentioned something about finishing up with some kind of contraption." did not know what she was working on, but it was nothing that she could help with.

'She has been working on it.' Lin Ning held a smile, reaching her hand out to touch Cao Peizhi's missing limb.

"Are you still not afraid of my missing limb?" Cao Peizhi asked.

"There is no need to be afraid of you. Someone like you who is not afraid of someone blind like me is a very compatible pair." Lin Ning pressed her head against his chest, forgetting that others watched them.

Cao Peizhi held a smile with his heart that never felt happier at this moment. "Alright, what is it that you wanted to tell me before you forget." Cao Peizhi figured that Lin Ning had planned something for him that he did not know about.

Lin Ning was happy to know that he actually figured it out, "Let's go to Hun Cuifen." Lin Ning had them all go to where Hun Cuifen was, entering the tent. "Cuifen?"

"Miss Lin, what are you doing here?" Hun Cuifen was a little alarmed that they all just suddenly entered her tent when she was working on something that Lin Ning asked her to do.

"I came to see if you were working on what I asked you to work on." Lin Ning could sense that Hun Cuifen was alarmed, but there was a hint of joy in her to see that everyone was okay.

"You came just in time. I managed to finish it." Hun Cuifen held a smile, looking at all of them, and then her eyes laid on Qin Yun. "I didn't just do it by myself. I had a bit of help from Qin Yun." She did not want to claim full credit when it was true that she would not have been able to get such materials without his help.

"Oh?" Lin Ning was a little surprised, but she then smiled. "Thank you for helping her. Please tell me if there is anything that you may want in the future. I will gladly give it to you." Lin Ning told Qin Yun.

"Oh... umm.. the-"

"What is this thing supposed to do?" Cao Peizhi came in the way, asking what Hun Cuifen was working on.

Lin Ning could see that he was already curious about a thing that had never been seen before in this era. "This is one of the first of its kind. It will be beneficial for you." Lin Ning had gone over to it,