Chapter 12

Cao Peizhi knew that Lin Ning would want to know about him, but he was too afraid to tell her too much about himself since he feared that one day she would find out his secret. "I can tell you a few things that I like, but not too much about my personal life." Not wanting to tell her too much, he had taken a step forth to stand next to Lin Ning. Looking down to her, he held a gentle smile to see how she wanted to be able to know more about him.

"En! You do not need to tell me everything at once. Over time, I know that we will know something about each other." Lin Ning knew that things needed time, and for sure she did not want to rush anything that would happen between them. "Why don't we both go outside?!" Asking him, Lin Ning hoped that they would be able to go if they could.

"Where do you want to go?" Shocking Lin Ning to hear that he had actually agreed, she happily thought about it for a bit.

"Hmm... why don't we go and try the new noodle shop in town? I heard that the food is good!" Wanting to eat good food, she was glad that she did not lose her taste of food at the very least. 'If I lost my taste buds, then I would rather die.' Being grateful now that she did not have her eyes, she was glad enough to still have her taste buds.

"You seem to have it in for food." Cao Peizhi chuckled, seeing how this woman could even have it for food which he found quite the thing to see.

"En! Food is delicious! Don't ever misjudge food!" Lin Ning wished that she would still be able to eat more in the future, but not alone. "Come on! Let's go!" Tugging onto the right sleeve of his hanfu, she wanted to hurry before the day came to a complete end. Being pulled along, Lin Ning had snuck out with Cao Peizhi taking the lead to take her to the newest noodle shop. "Make sure that my parents do not see this." Lin Ning did not want him to be put in a tight spot if they were both found together. She was already blind, so being put together would only make them more of the talk of the capital.

"Why? Worried that they will try to kill me?" Looking down to Lin Ning, he could see her blushing red at her ears which he found quite adorable.

"No..." Holding onto his sleeve again, she did not want to make it sound like she had a motive. "I don't want my parents to put you in a tight spot if they found you and me together. Besides, it would make others think that you are blind for being with a woman like myself." Cao Peizhi looked to see her head lower as if she were a puppy who had just gotten into trouble. "I can't let you be responsible for me."

Hearing her say that, he did not know why she would be so considerate about him and his image. 'Why is she so worried about me?' Leaving the silence there, he then placed her veil hat on her head since Lin Ning continued to pester him about his image while they were still walking to find the noodle shop. He had worn a mask, being sure to keep his face hidden while his coat hid his figure. Catching a whiff of the noodle, she then stopped Cao Peizhi from walking as she tugged at his sleeve again.

"It's here!" She was getting excited with her mouth watering to recall the taste of noodles, but she still had a lot more to taste in the future.

"Welcome! What can I get for you and your wife?" The waiter had said, looking at two who just entered the new noodle shop.

"We aren-"

"We would like a table where the songs are played." Cao Peizhi had cut her off, making sure that the waiter took them to the table that would allow Lin Ning to hear the song play.

"Bro-"

"You do not need to worry about such matters. Saying that will only make us seem more suspicious." Cao Peizhi made sure that there was a wooden divider that blocked everyone from seeing them. With the food being placed onto the table Lin Ning did not know if it was safe to remove her veiled hat. "You can remove your hat now. No one can see us." Ensuring Lin Ning that she did not need to worry about anyone coming in, she removed her veiled hat and placed it beside her. Opening her eyes, she could see that there were many colors all over the restaurant inside the noodle shop. Looking in front of her, she could see that Cao Peizhi (Wei) had a yellow color glowing on him.

"What does this place look like?" Lin Ning decided to ask, since she could not see then she might as well ask from another person's point of view.

"Well..." Cao Peizhi looked around, the entire restaurant looked simple enough that it did not seem to be anything special. "The place looks like it could still use a little more work." Cao Peizhi hoped that Lin Ning did not have to see any of this place in the future.

"The look of the restaurant does not matter. What matters is what or how the food is made." Lin Ning went ahead, about to try and look for the chopsticks which she felt a warm hand put her hands back down. Cao Peizhi had moved to sit next to Lin Ning, seeing how she would need a little help with getting food.

"Do not worry about getting the food. You wanted to come and eat some. I will help you with the food." Cao Peizhi held the chopsticks that had the noodles in it. Eating the noodles given to her, she felt happy all over which made her smile.

"Thank you." She did not think that she would be treated this nicely. "Wei, you are such a good friend. I wish that we can continue to hang out more like this." Saying that, she did not know that Cao Peizhi only wished that they could be a couple in real life.

"If you ever need to talk to me about something, then don't ever hesitate to tell me." Cao Peizhi held a gentle smile, looking at the young lady who he felt as though the world only revolved around them both.

"You can't enter here! This spot is already reserved!" Hearing the waiter say, Cao Peizhi had Lin Ning's veiled hat back on top of her head to make sure that the bothersome person did not see them both together.