Chapter 31

"Young miss, we stop here." Qin Yun had informed Lin Ning who stopped her horse from going on further; pulling the reins. Lightly petting the horse's back, she was sure to find this horse's child. Looking around, she could sense two figures that were very displeased about her achievement of getting on a crazy horse and being able to control it. Men and women hunting were separated into two groups that they all stood across from one another. Cao Peizhi continued to look at Lin Ning who had his two shadow guards beside her. Looking at the fifth princess and then Qian Qiang to see that they were up to no good from the beginning, making him wonder who was the one who had given Lin Ning the horse.

'If I had to really think about this entire situation, then the emperor and empress are against the crown prince since his mother was a woman from their enemy's territory, Sun State. Their country had lost which the crown prince's mother was a very treasured princess of the Sun State who married the emperor as a sign for peace treaty between both states, but the current empress and the emperor had a past together. Poor crown prince's mother.' Lin Ning thought, seeing how the last empress was poisoned which left her son all alone to defend for himself, even the last empress's family were devastated when they found out that she had died. 'It can also explain why many do not truly respect Cao Peizhi. He may have saved the crown prince, but many do not support the crown prince to take the throne. Cao Peizhi is the only one who brought his hand forth to help the crown prince. Many are hoping that the second prince will take the throne instead of the crown prince.' Lin Ning felt rather sad that the crown prince and Cao Peizhi were truly not respected in this state. Everyone hated the crown prince because of his mother while Lin Ning assumed that no one liked Cao Peizhi since he chose to help the crown prince and saved him from a set-up. Though, this was only her thought without knowing more of his background.

"The hunt has begun!"

Everyone had their horses set as they ran off into the forest, Lin Ning had her horse slowly trot alongside with her two guards keeping close to her. Feeling some sweat on her head, she still hoped that the horse would continue to cooperate with her. Entering into the forest, Lin Ning took a look around to see if there was possibly anything that she could actually get. Opening her eyes behind the blindfold there were colors all around with so many great amounts of things in the forest, but she did not know how to wield a weapon of sorts. Unless, they were to include the marbles that she could throw. "Did Miss Lin need a little help?" Hearing an annoying voice, she turned to face the second prince (Yi Qiao) who had decided to show up and meet her.

"Greetings, Second Prince." Greeting him, she remained on her horse with Duan Fa and Qin Yun not knowing why the second prince had followed after their young miss.

"I would have never thought that you would be the type to ride a horse." The second prince had his horse go up to Lin Ning who did not like how he was getting closer. Duan Fa and Qin Yun had their horses stand in front of Lin Ning who was glad that she had them around to help her.

"Please refrain from taking any more steps towards Miss Lin. This is a hunting event after all. You should be on your way to hunt, your highness." Duan Fa knew better that this second prince was quite the man with ladies who caught his interest. If anyone knew anything between the second prince and women, then it was Duan Fa who would be given constant errands to watch him closely which he did not understand why his master would make him be the man to do the job.

"Don't worry. It is not like we do not know each other." Yi Qiao smiled at the two guards who did not want him getting close to Lin Ning. They both knew that Lin Ning would only get hurt if she were to give her heart to him.

"I believe that we should be on our way. We do not have time to mess with such greetings in this forest that is meant for hunting and competition. Besides, I believe that your princess consort would not be pleased if she saw another woman with her husband." Lin Ning told him straight up, wishing to not be involved with his harem of dramatic women. Getting her horse to go ahead with her two guards following after her. Hearing a horse come out from behind, it was Qian Qiang who did not think that Yi Qiao would actually follow Lin Ning.

Lin Ning rushed ahead to get away from such a troublesome couple that only raised a red flag for her. "You stop right there!" Stopping her horse, Lin Ning knew who the next person was that called out to her. Coming up next to her, she could sense that it was the fifth princess (Yi Jiao).

"Greetings, Fifth Princess." Greeting Yi Jiao, she did not think that she would meet all the people who were going to be troublesome in this event. "What can I do for you?"

"You can do me a favor and head off that way." The fifth princess had Lin Ning's guards be sure to take her there, but they both knew that there was going to be something that happened to Lin Ning if she went.

"Young m-"

"Alright, I will go that way while you go that way. Is that fair enough?" Lin Ning said, seeing how Yi Jiao was clearly trying to give her trouble. 'If you give me trouble, then I might as well give you the same kind of trouble.' Feeling so irritated in her head, it felt like it was very bad for her mental state if she did not try to appease some of it.

"Deal. Make sure not to come to my spot for this hunting event." Yi Jiao threatened Lin Ning who only started her way with her guards towards the direction where the fifth princess ordered them to go.

"Young miss, I do not think that this is safe." Duan Fa did not understand why Lin Ning would easily go with it.

"I think that we should just turn around." Qin Yun included after.

"Both of you really do not have hope for this path." Lin Ning laughed a bit, getting her horse to just walk since she still did not know how to ride a horse properly. Hearing the sounds of wolves from afar, Lin Ning knew that only a certain number of people could hear the wolves come from such a distance. Wishing that she could have just let her horse trot a little longer, but they best be on their way to save all the trouble for later. "Let's go." Running forth, Cao Peizhi had been watching the entire thing as he did not think that the second prince would still bring Lin Ning unwanted trouble.

"Make sure that the pack of wolves is led to the fifth princess." Cao Peizhi would rather hurry and get rid of one troublesome matter. Shi Men went ahead, sending their group of men to lead the pack of wolves towards the fifth princess.

"I would have never thought that you and the crown prince would be the one pulling the strings now." Xu Meili showed up with the crown prince next to her.

"..." Cao Peizhi did not talk back, but he knew what he was doing.

"It seems as though you have found yourself a good friend." Xu Meili held a smile, looking at the crown prince who knew that she was also a part of pulling the strings.