Chapter 109

"Fa... hic..." Hearing a voice call out to him, he slowly opened his eyes to see Hun Lian in tears, holding one of his hands.

"Lian???" Trying to get up hurriedly, he grunted in pain from the injuries on his body. 'That's right! Master saved us!' Getting that through his head, he had to be sure to thank Cao Peizhi.

"Don't get up too soon! You need to rest." Hun Lian had him lay back down, looking at him with watery eyes.

"H-How did I get here?"

"Your master likely had you sent here. You and another fellow were brought here and told us that you both needed to recuperate and stay hidden." Hun Lian told him what she knew, but it didn't stop her tears. "Idiot. I told you to be careful. You didn't listen." More tears started to seep out, hitting her sleeves that began to soak.

Duan Fa didn't think that he would hurt her this much by being hurt himself. "I'm fine. Does this mean that you love me?" He then asked her with a smirk and decided to tease her at this time.

"Of course I love you!" She shouted while blushing even with tears that were still ongoing.

Duan Fa didn't think she would admit it since she usually wouldn't, but he couldn't help it. She was sitting on the edge of the bed; he had taken the chance to pull her wrist. She had her land on top of him; ignoring the pain; he sealed her lips with his.

Hun Lian didn't even fight; she allowed the kiss, which took some time before they parted. Duan Fa stared up at Hun Lian, who no longer cried but was blushing red. "Feeling happier?" He then pushed back the loose strands of hair from her face. Nodding her head, she shyly didn't respond and averted her eyes away from him. "Look at me." He then said. Hun Lian took some time, but she turned to look back at him. "Lian is now my woman. Don't ever think of escaping from me because I won't let you go. Heh." He laid one of his hands on Hun Lian's blushing cheek. "I will be looking forward to our future together." Hun Lian nodded her head again. "Alright, go ahead and sleep with me. I know that you've been crying and barely resting. Don't make me worried." He had Hun Lian lay down next to him in the bed, hugging her close to him. Hun Lian didn't even mind; it was confirmed that she hadn't rested since Duan Fa arrived since she had some bags under her eyes.

"I love you." She said again before falling asleep. Duan Fa held a smile, wrapped one of his arms around her, and smiled.

"I love you too."

***

Tai Yuqing grunted to feel something heavy on him, opening his eyes as he saw a young girl in front of him who looked to be about fifteen or so. "Huh?" Confused, he blankly continued to stare at them.

"Oh! Your awake!" The girl woke up to see that Tai Yuqing was staring at her. "Mother!!! He's awake!!!" She shouted, looking behind her to see her mother, who had entered the room. Tai Yuqing could see a woman who looked to be in her early forties.

"Meijer! Don't sit on a sick patient!" Her mother lectured her, rushing to pull her daughter off Tai Yuqing. "I deeply apologize for my daughter! You see she..." The woman was hesitant to say what was wrong with her daughter.

"You don't need to explain if it is difficult to say so." Tai Yuqing sat up on the bed, staring at the girl and the mother.

"Mother! How come this older brother was injured in the first place?! Is he a bad person?!" The girl was curious and then rushed over to Tai Yuqing. "Hey! Are you a bad person or a good person?! Did you steal candy?! Did you accidentally trip a child?!" She then asked more urgently.

"Mei'er!"

'Ahhhh, I get it now. This girl is a retard.' Tai Yuqing did not think he would come across such a person, but he couldn't be upset or angry. "It's fine. Little girl, what do you think I am? Am I a good person or bad person to you?" He smiled, seeing what her response would be.

"Hmmmm..." The girl started to give a good and long look at Tai Yuqing, who patiently waited. "I think you are a sad person. Don't be sad! I'll give you candy!" She then took one of Tai Yuqing's hands, putting a candy wrapped in paper in his hand. Her mother could only sigh, holding her head as she gave another look to Tai Yuqing.

"Sorry, my daughter has always been like this since birth. Please do not be offended."

"I don't mind it. Thank you, little girl. What is your name?" He then patted her head, seeing the girl blush as she smiled.

"Chou Mei! What about you?!" She was excitedly happy, looking at the man who did not get mad or upset with her for the first time.

"Tai Yuqing, but Brother Yuqing is fine as well." He smiled, seeing just how innocent this girl was. ' Unfortunate that she was born this way, but she looks happy as if there is no problem with her disability. She reminds me a bit of Lin Ning. She may not have one of her senses, but she always knew how to read people without the use of her eyes.'

Chou Mei's mother smiled, seeing that there were still good people who did not see her daughter as some nuisance. "Please do rest. You and your friend were injured, so your muscles will need some time to heal properly." The woman was a physician who Cao Peizhi hired. The woman had been down on her luck since no one wanted a female physician, and her daughter had a disability that made most doubt her abilities.

"Thank you." Tai Yuqing had laid back down on the bed, then stared at once more by the girl. "Did you want to say something?"

"I want to marry Brother Yuqing!!!" She then shouted, making her mother even more displeased and embarrassed.

"Mei'er! Go and see if the master and madam need anything! Maybe their little son might want to play again." Her mother then urged her to leave, releasing a sigh after her daughter left.

"Brother Yiqing is my future husband!" Hearing the little girl shout outside for everyone to hear made her mother more embarrassed and worried.

"Sorry, my daughter will surely let it go soon. She still doesn't understand such things between marriage." The woman had always worried that her daughter would be mistreated if she married.

"No need to worry. I understand. I have met people who have similar situations like her." Tai Yuqing didn't want the woman to feel like her daughter wasn't understood or disregarded. "How long have I been here?"