Chapter 6

"She's gone." The second prince did not even realize that Lin Ning had slipped out of there so quietly without anyone noticing.

"Husband, what are you looking for?" Hearing his princess consort, she had been sitting beside him which he did not want to tell her. He had taken interest in a blind woman who had saved him. Both had been wedded to one another by the order of his father, so he was not able to get out of the decree. His princess consort had seen him looking at the blind woman who had been able to amuse everyone, even her husband. Feeling angered that a blind woman could get the interest of her husband, there was no way that she was going to let a blind woman take her husband from her.

"Nothing." Feeling a bit upset that Lin Ning was gone, he figured that she would be back soon anyway. He had not even noticed that another figure had slipped out while they had the chance to do so.

***

Lin Ning could still hear the music being played inside as she decided to get fresh air from the outside. "Lian, you can leave me here for a bit." Wishing to be alone, she wanted a bit of time for herself to relax. Feeling her headache slowly lessen, she knew that using her sixth sense too often would likely hurt her more in the future.

"Are you sure?" Hun Lian had never left her young miss, but they had stopped in a plum tree garden where the fruits were not growing yet due to the season. The only thing blooming were the petals of the plum trees that stood out for a beautiful scenery. "You did not look too well in there." Hun Lian did not think that her young miss would be in pain.

"You do not have to worry about me. I will only be in this garden, so you can come get me later." Lin Ning had Hun Lian leave her alone as she could smell the plums all around her. "It seems too stuffy in there anyway." Hun Lin left her young miss, hoping that her miss would surely be there once she came back to get her. Meanwhile, Lin Ning loved the song that was being played inside, making her feel her body start to dance on its own to the rhythm. It was as if the flower petals all flew around her as she danced from one direction to another. Not even realizing that someone had been watching her dance alone in the plum garden.

'She dances so beautifully in the night full of petals.' Cao Peizhi did not think that he would be able to witness her dance which he felt happy that he was the only one seeing it. Then, all of a sudden she had slipped on one of the roots of the plum trees.

"Ah!" Lin Ning knew that she should have just walked around rather than dance as she thought that she was going to fall down and hurt herself. Falling down, she had landed onto something or someone as she had no idea what she just landed on. Feeling a heartbeat, she knew for sure that she had landed on someone who may have caught her or tried to catch her. "I'm sorry!" Getting up as quickly as possible, before she had gotten up she felt an empty arm sleeve that was supposed to have a forearm or hand. 'Is this...' Standing up, she could hear the man get up after she stood on her own. "I'm sorry about that! I was being clumsy!" She said, hoping that he would not be upset since he did not like interacting with anyone ever since he became crippled.

"You do not need to apologize." Cao Peizhi had said, but changed his voice to sound a bit more different in case she knew or met him one day as Duke Cao's second son. It became awkward as they both just stood there in silence while waiting for one of the others to speak out.

'I've watched too many tv shows to know that you just changed your voice. It won't be hard to tell, but no one else would be able to enter this garden unless they were invited here. Also, you are the only person who...' Lin Ning did not want to be mean, even saying that he was crippled in her thoughts made her feel mean. "Umm... may I have the chance to know your name, mister? My name is Lin Ning." Lin Ning decided to play dumb since she was blind, but also wanted to get to know Cao Peizhi better while they were alone. 'It shouldn't be too bad to know my favorite male character here.'

"My name..." Hearing his voice, Lin Ning did not think that it would sound so nice. 'Did she not feel my missing left forearm?' Thinking that Lin Ning would know who he was if she felt his missing forearm, but then again she was blind, so she would not know what feeling was what; he thought.

'God damn it!!!! If I wasn't blind, then I would know what he looks like! The description of him made him seem so handsome.' Lin Ning felt upset that she was not given the chance to be able to see anyone, mostly when it was the character that she fan over the most. "En, the name that your father or mother gave you." Lin Ning hoped that he would be able to give her a name at least.

"You can call me... Brother Wei." Hearing him say so, Lin Ning already knew who he was, but if he was not ready to tell her about his real identity then she did not mind. Starting out as friends was always the best option, making her smile to see that they were at least getting along.

"Alright! Brother Wei!" Lin Ning smiled, letting Cao Peizhi (Wei) feel his heart soften to see how bright she was. He did not want to tell her about his real name, if he did then he was afraid that she would try to get away from him, or even treat him differently.

"Are you injured?" Cao Peizhi asked, looking to see how Lin Ning kind of fell hard on the ground.

"Nope, you saved me on time, so I am not injured. How about you?" She asked, walking towards him to try and touch him, but he had backed up instead.

"No need. I am alright." Cao Peizhi did not want to let her know that he was the crippled man that everyone was talking about in the entire capital.

"Are you sure?" Lin Ning heard him scoot back, thinking that he did not like her on their first encounter. "I'm sorry if I have hurt you." Cao Peizhi could see it in her face that she did not mean to bother him, he did not want her to think that he had gotten hurt.

"You did nothing wrong. Besides, I chose to help you. You do not need to worry about it." Hearing him say that, Lin Ning smiled and started to walk around the plum trees once more while Cao Peizhi followed behind her. "Why did you decide to come out?" He asked out of curiosity, seeing how she had just gotten out from being the main attraction inside the palace.

"I do not like crowded places. As you may have heard, I have never gone out so often. I am after all a blind woman, so I am typically crippled." Lin Ning continued to walk forth, seeing how the wind had settled down just a bit with the petals still falling down.

"You seem like you have a lot of talent though. You can play songs and dance. I do not understand why you do not make use of it." Cao Peizhi did not understand why Lin Ning did not try to make a little business on the side if she wanted to do so.

'Oh, so he was watching me dance just earlier.' Smiling inside to see that he must have enjoyed her little dance. "Wei, I do not care if I catch the attention of others or not. I simply like to avoid all the drama that can stir up if I were to attract other attention. For example, women of the harem may seem like they get along but trying to win the emperor's favor is like another war in there. I do not wish to be a part of all that nonsense. I will only marry one man and live with them forever and have children with them. I am a jealous woman and I will not tolerate letting my husband have more than one woman. If I am bound to get married to one man that I love then I will, but if not then I will remain with my parents on a land where I will adopt children who do not have a home."