Chapter 103

Barging into the room without prior notice, Duan Fa was out of breath and held a ton of sweat all over. Everyone was confused, seeing that Duan Fa was there and not where Lin Ning was. "What happened???" Cao Peizhi immediately stood up, looking at Duan Fa as if he would die if he did not get to the point.

"The miss... in labor." Duan Fa was still exhausted after traveling for a whole night without stopping; he was out of breath as he spoke.

"What?!" Everyone was just as shocked to hear that from Duan Fa, who had no time to react.

"Duan Fa, stay here in my place!" Cao Peizhi rushed out of the room, hurrying to his horse, and hopped on in a hurry. 'Ning!'

***

Su Su had returned that early morning after visiting their parents, coming across Qin Yun, who was standing outside of Lin Ning's room with worry and exhaustion since nothing was still progressing yet. "How can this happen so soon?!" Su Su was given the details, but they did not know how long this would continue. "A woman can only last for so long." Su Su started to form tears, tightly clutching their dress since they were useless at this point.

"AAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Hearing another painful scream from Lin Ning, the two people outside had to hold themselves back since they could not just barge in at this time. They could only listen to the painful screams that could be heard while Qin Yun had it the worse since he had been there the longest.

Inside the room...

Hun Cuifen had been taking glances, and there could be relief that came across her face as she knew it was time. "Miss, you have to push now. You can do it." Hun Cuifen encouraged her; she had to watch her miss suffer for such a long time before she could see that Lin Ning started to dilate. Pulling up her sleeves, she knew that everything she had was prepared, but there was going to be more stuff needed. "Su Su! Qin Yun! Prepare more hot water!!!" She shouted, focusing back, but she could hear their footsteps outside, which left them in a hurry to get everything.

'My babies... mother will do her best.' Lin Ning tightly held the sash with her sweaty hands that were red from all the times that she clutched the sash from the pain she had to endure. 'We can do it. Your father will be able to see you.' Pushing on, she followed what Hun Cuifen had told her.

"UUUUUWWWWWAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Hun Cuifen smiled to know that it was going well for the first child, getting things set within the room with Su Su, who arrived just in time. "Su Su! I need you to wash this little one and have them wrapped up." She told Su Su, who slightly panicked.

"Hun Cuifen! I can-"

"You can! It does not matter if you are a man or woman; it runs in both nature." Hun Cuifen then gave Su Su an encouraging smile, handing the messy child to Su Su, who immediately held a toughened look, taking the first child to clean up. Hun Cuifen had to return to the next child, seeing that Lin Ning was going through the pain again. Hearing another painful scream from Lin Ning, Hun Cuifen could see that the second child was coming out more differently. Hun Cuifen knew that Lin Ning was tired, but she was a woman who would do anything for her children to stay alive. "Miss, we have to change things up."

Outside the room...

Qin Yun had to remain outside without realizing the passing of time, but he had heard the first cry from the first child. He knew that it was not over yet, though, since he recalled that there were possibly two that Lin Ning carried. Shutting his eyes tightly, Lin Ning released another painful scream. His eyes then grew worried with fear; he could hear the sound of a horse running towards the place. He knew that he should not leave, but it was better to protect them all at this time. Rushing to the front of the entrance, he was just about ready to throw a few daggers at the incoming person. Seeing them covered in a cloak, he could not see who or what they looked like. Just when he was about to toss the dagger, a familiar whistle could be heard, which meant it was safe. 'Could it be???' Pulling his daggers back down, he had hopped down from the rooftop of the wall. Rushing to the figure, they had pulled their hood down to allow him to see. "Master!" Qin Yun did not think that Duan Fa had made it to the master that quickly, but he knew that it was not the time to stay frozen. "Master this way."

Cao Peizhi could see that Qin Yun knew what he was there for, following after when they both heard.

"UUUWWWAAHHHH!!!! UUUWWWAAAHHHH!!!!"

They could hear multiple cries at once, running this time to Lin Ning, where Cao Peizhi did not bother to knock. Barging into the room, he could see Lin Ning, exhausted and pale, lying on her side of the bed. Su Su was holding both infants in their arms now; both were wrapped up in a warm blanket. Hun Cuifen was sweating profusely and wiped her forehead with her forearm.

"Miss, you did a good job. You and your children have both made it. You are all going to be fine."

"Thank... goodness." Lin Ning was exhausted; she had fallen unconscious soon after as Cao Peizhi rushed to her side.

"Ning!? Ning!?" Cao Peizhi took hold of her hand.

"Cao Peizhi, she is fine. She needs to rest now. She lost a lot of blood., but I've managed to stop it right after your daughter was born." Hun Cuifen informed him, being sure to check Lin Ning's pulse soon after. "She needs a lot of time to recover. I did not think that she would have them so soon. I have to clean everything up as well as the miss. If you ca-"

"No, I will clean her." Cao Peizhi did not want to leave Lin Ning; he did not even want to take a look at both of his children who were just born.

Hun Cuifen could see that something like this would happen since a man who loves their woman suffers from having their child, and they would start to blame the child. "I will have everything cleaned up and have your children sleep in another room. I will advise you, though, that you cannot blame the children because Lin Ning would be sad if you did." She told Cao Peizhi, who held a serious look.