Chapter 8

With the days passing, Lin Ning wished that she could meet with Cao Peizhi again, but she knew that by now they were still investigating the matter that involved the princess who had lost her innocence to a common guard who happened to pass by her bedroom. 'They are not going to find out anything about that case. The crown prince happens to be the one stumbling upon the evidence, but he ends up finding out how cruel his younger sister is. From there on out, that is where the crown prince and the female lead's love starts to blossom.' Pondering in her own world, she opened her eyes to see a color appear in front of her view as well as their emotion in the air. Getting up, she did not want to look like she knew that someone was there as she walked back into her home. The colors were purple once again which made her suspicious of what that person was thinking since they were at the event that time. They had caught interest in her which she felt as though there was going to be unwanted trouble that was bound to happen to her if it continued. "Lian?"

"Yes, miss?" Hun Lian did not know what her young miss was going to ask her to do at this time of day.

"Can you release the hounds? I feel like it is about time for them to play outside a little." Lin Ning was hoping that the hounds were going to have fun as well as the intruder who happened to enter her home.

"Yes, I will do so right now." Hun Lian knew that her young miss liked the hounds and would go and visit them from time to time. While they were very fond of her, they would run around the entire manor looking for her if they could. If they did not find her, then they would end up finding intruders that would try to steal from their home. Releasing the hounds, they all immediately were on edge as they ran towards the direction where Lin Ning saw the colors appear from.

***

"She actually sent the hounds out." The second prince was on top of the tree with his close comrade nearby on the ledge of the tree that they had climbed on top of.

"Umm... Master I do not think that this young miss would be your type." His comrade did not seem to understand why his master would be interested in the blind lady when he already had a princess consort.

"Never underestimate a woman." The second prince said, knowing that they could not kill the hounds or else they would give away their position. Making the Lin house go wild to know that someone must have broken into their manor.

'Are you going to keep letting me hang from the ledge?' His comrade cried inside, seeing that his master was clearly ignoring him at that moment.

***

Cao Peizhi was fiddling with his cup of tea this time in his only hand, thinking about Lin Ning when he had her land on top of him to save her from a fall. Smiling, he thought about how she was actually one of the first to treat him like an actual human that time. Then again, he knew that she only treated him normally due to not knowing his real identity as Cao Peizhi. Wishing that he could just keep everything a secret from her.

"Master, we did not find anything in regard to the matter involving the princess and the guard, but..." Entering into his studies was his shadow guard; Shi Men.

"But what?" Waiting for Shi Men to say something, he did not have patience for it if it was not told sooner.

"We have found that the princess has been tarnishing the innocence of other young ladies of the capital." Shi Men said, hoping that his master did not get too mad at him for knowing such matters as these since it would be a severe case if the emperor and empress knew about it.

"What do you mean?" Cao Peizhi wanted to know more now that he could see the princess was far more different from words could say.

"The princess is said to have a temper and when nothing goes her way, then she would order men to ruin the reputation of any lady in the capital who goes against her. She has ruined far more ladies than you would know. Many of those ladies will not be able to speak up to that." Shi Men knew that his master was not pleased by the words that continued to spill out.

"What happened to all those ladies?" Cao Peizhi asked, hoping that at least one of the ladies must still be alive.

Shi Men gulped, knowing that it was not something that would be pleasant to hear about. "The ladies have all killed themselves soon after their image was ruined. No woman would want to stay alive after their image has been ruined." Hearing that, Cao Peizhi got up from his seat and opened his window with his only hand. '"Master, what do you wish for me to tell the crown prince???" Shi Men still had to report back to the crown prince with this same matter.

"Tell him to think about what is more right. Justice for his younger sister's innocence or all of the lives that his sister took." Leaving soon after, Shi Men was afraid of what would come of him if he told the crown prince that since the princess was the crown princes' little sister.

Cao Peizhi had gone to Lin Ning's home, seeing that she was outside while enjoying the breeze of the wind that pushed in front of her face. 'What is this woman doing?' Looking to see how she did not fear getting sick since she was sitting outside when it was late at night. Instead, he saw her rubbing her head as if she was in pain. 'Is she hurt?'

***

Lin Ning had been staying inside her home, seeing how the person who had the purple color still showed up for days in her manor as she continued to let her hounds handle them. Not only that, but another color had appeared with the color red which she managed to detect which indicated a desire for her; a lustful desire. It did not stop them from continuing to stop by which made her annoyed and fearful to see how stubborn both of these people were. 'Funny, I did not think that I would have a stalker in this life.' Thinking about it, it only annoyed her to see that things were not going as easy as she thought it would. 'How am I going to get rid of these stalkers of mine?' Rubbing her head, she felt like it was just going to kill her in the end. Her parents had both gone on a trip together which she hoped that they would both return soon.