Chapter 75

Lin Ning found herself at a restaurant where they would act out a story for those around to watch and enjoy. "Well, how do you like this place so far?" The second prince said, looking to Lin Ning, who remained sitting down and did not even touch her food or tea. Lin Ning never wanted to be there in the first place, but she was given no choice, to begin with.

"Hm..." Lin Ning only held the cup of tea in her hand, listening to the play that was going on.

"This play talks about one of history's most amazing general who fell in love with a princess." Hearing the man announcing the play say, she heard of the story before, which she found surprising that it was written in the novel. "The general was not general before; he was a common man among the people who held no real title or royal blood."

"How did he become a general then?"

"The emperor, of course!"

"The emperor? Why would the emperor want to make a commoner a general and marry off his daughter to him?"

Questions were being asked after another; people either knew the story but most tend not to know at all.

"They say that the common man had gained his title by winning a losing battle. No one would have thought to see that a common man would win a battle." (Storyteller)

"What does that have to do with the princess and him getting married?" (Man)

"I was just about to get there. It was said that the emperor did not plan to have his daughter marry the general, but someone had plotted to ruin to the princess's image." (Storyteller)

"What?! Doesn't that mean that the princess lost her image when the plot happened to her?!" (Woman)

"No! The princess was saved by none other than the general! The princess had escaped her fate and was saved by a general who was invited to the palace for his new title given. He found the princess making her way out from one of the buildings set up for her. When the general saved the princess, he had been pinned for touching an unmarried woman. The emperor had been planning to try and find a man to marry daughter since he did not want to marry her over to another."

"What happened after?!" A young servant girl asked, curiously looking at the storyteller.

The storyteller went over to the girl and held a kind smile while giving her a small peppermint candy. "There were ups and downs, but they developed love and affection for each other throughout their hardships."

Lin Ning opened her eyes behind her blindfold, facing the direction of where the storyteller and the girl's voice was. Seeing a green color, the storyteller showed a sense of kindness. "One of the oldest histories between a royal and commoner." Lin Ning then stood up, recalling every step from the way they entered and back out. Her hand was held once more by the second prince. She had let out a sigh once they were outside while Tai Yuqing walked behind them. "You don't need to hold my hand. I won't run away." Lin Ning shook off his hand, walking ahead of them while avoiding bumping into the people who walked past her.

'Wow, Miss Lin does not like the second prince.' Tai Yuqing noticed that Lin Ning was not happy being with the second prince like she was with the man they saw at the lantern festival. 'Who was that man?' Tai Yuqing started to think once more; he felt that the man was reasonably familiar but could not recall where he had seen him.

Lin Ning felt her hand get grabbed again, knowing who it was again like it was no surprise at all. "What do you want now? You wanted us to go outsides, so you do not need to keep trying to bother me while we are both out." Lin Ning tried to shake his hand off again, but the second prince did not let go this time.

"When I said by going out, I meant that we are both supposed to enjoy this moment together." The second prince was losing his patience, seeing how Lin Ning did not show any sign of affection or joy being with him.

"I was taken here unwillingly from the beginning. I was happy where I was before, but you did what you thought was best for your selfishness." Lin Ning tried to take her hand back when the second prince had dragged her back to his manor. "You are hurting my wrist!" Lin Ning felt the stinging pain on her wrist; she had been dragged back to the manor by the second prince who had her back in her room. Standing in her room, she knew that she was now testing his patience. Holding her aching wrist, she lightly rubbed it after. 'Annoying.'

The second prince held her chin, "You will eventually learn to love me. No matter how happy you were before I brought you here, you will learn to accept everything I give you. Don't think I will let you go now." Letting go of her chin, he had walked out and ordered the guards there to keep an eye on her. Tai Yuquing glanced at Lin Ning and then followed after the second prince.

Lin Ning heard their footsteps leave her room; she had let out a sigh while going over to her bed. Sitting down on her bed, she shook her head while feeling a sudden heavy weight on her shoulders. 'He won't ever let me leave.' Trying to think about the second prince could fall in love with her when it was supposed to be the princess consort that he loved and married. 'Everything is a mess.' She remained in her room all day when it was time with the maids, who arrived with the food and left it in her room. Opening her eyes once more behind her blindfold, she could see a glowing purple color that was in her food. 'Hmph, I would have never thought I would see the day that I am a target.' Standing up, she opened her window and poured out the food.

"Oh, is the food not to your liking?" Tai Yuqing stood next to the window, leaning his back against the wall.

"Hmph, I am never picky when it comes to food, but the food had some pests that went into it first." Lin Ning had taken the plate and left it back on the table.

"Pests?" Tai Yuqing stared at the food on the soil ground, taking out his silver needles as he poked them into the food. His eyes grew wide to see that the silver color had turned brown. "They would dare to poison you!"

Lin Ning shook her head and smiled, "I don't find it surprising, considering how he has more than one woman by his side, and there are those who prefer the second prince over the crown prince."

'That is true.' Tai Yuqing figured that what Lin Ning said was true; he took out his lunchbox. "You can eat my lunch." He offered.