Chapter 1

'People think I am crazy, but how can I be when I only do what is right. I want to help those who need it, so I took lessons to help those in need at their lowest point. Those that I help are no different from humans, even though I have never been in the same place as them. It does not mean that we should all be different. Unfortunately, I did not reach the goal that I sought out. An accident had occurred that day that took many lives, including mine. I had woken up to find myself blind and in a novel that I had the last read before I died.' Lin Ning had always been a good child, but one accident had her taken back to historical times of ancient China.

-The day that the incident happened-

"Ning, why don't you ever go out more?!" Hearing her good friend argue with her about going out more even though it was never her thing to do.

"I don't want to go out. You know that I prefer to stay home and read my novels. Not only that, but remember when I stepped up to that robber last time." Lin Ning reminded her friend about the last time that they went out.

"Come on!!! We need to go out more!!!" Lin Ning's friend had given her no choice, they had planned a day to go, but it was never to come. Lin Ning had ridden in a bus, but the bus had technical issues as it had caused a massive car accident that day.

'W-Where am I?' She could feel her eyes open, but there was nothing in view for her as she had no idea what had happened. "Why can't I see anything?!" Feeling around, she felt a woman's shoulder as it woke them up.

"Ning'er! You're awake! I'm so happy that you're awake!" Hearing this woman, she had no idea who she was.

"Ning'er, you scared your mother terribly. Why did you think it was a good idea to jump into the water." Hearing a man's voice soon after, she did not know any of them.

"Umm, who are you?" Hearing that question come out of her mouth shocked both.

"Ning'er, did you forget your mother and father???" The woman said once more, holding her daughter's hands as she did not know what had happened.

"Mother? Father?" Lin Ning did not understand what was happening, but she needed to know more about herself. "I don't recall much. Ow! My head hurts." Lin Ning needed it to look like she had amnesia to make it more convincing.

"Don't push it. Your name is Lin Ning. We are your mother and father. Just rest up and get better." Hearing the woman tell her, Lin Ning had no idea what was going on.

After some recuperating, Lin Ning had come to find out that she was the only child of Count Lin Jingguo. Knowing where the name was from, she had asked about the princes and emperor, which turned out that her suspicions were confirmed. She had transmigrated into a novel that she had read just before she had died. The novel was called "The Lotus that Bloomed After Finding Love," which was about the main female lead who had managed to outsmart her rivals and enemies at every attempt that they had at her. The female lead had only become more competent in the story after her heart was broken by the man she loved who killed her brother. She then fell in love with one of the princes who cherished and loved her wholeheartedly. The ending was like any other typical ending, so it would be too much to explain it all over again when most novels tended to have happy endings. 'The thing is, I do not know who this character is. The novel never had such a character before in my entire time of reading that novel. It rarely mentioned anything about Count Lin Jingguo, which made it hard to know much about this character, but I know that he does not conspire against the emperor.' Lin Ning was glad that she was not going to die since she came into this novel and might as well see what it had. The other thing was that she was blind, and the character that she had entered into was born blind. 'I would have assumed that I was poisoned before I was born, but my father does not have any concubines or other wives besides my mother now.' Lin Ning did feel glad that her father and mother here were not bad people.

Playing her zither, she had naturally been able to play since young which her parents back in the modern time of hers made her take lessons of music all the time as well as dance lessons. Being here, she missed her parents, but if her body in the modern world had already died, then there was nothing that she could do. Adjusting to this new home of hers was the only other option; besides, she could not let her parents in this time be sad.

"Ning'er, how are you feeling?" Her mother came to see her, seeing her daughter sitting outside with her zither placed in front of her as she smiled towards her mother. Wearing her light blue blindfold, it told many that she was blind, but she did not mind.

"I've been feeling better, mother." Hearing her mother's footsteps, her mother sat next to her, where she could feel her mother hug her close as she leaned her head against her mother's chest.

"If only I were stronger, then you would be married by now." Her mother blamed herself all the time for her blindness, but Lin Ning knew that it was not anyone's fault.

"Mother, it is not your fault or father's fault. You both raised me this far. I do not care if I ever get married or not." Lin Ning never cared if she got married in her past either; she enjoyed life as it was.

"Silly child, me and your father do not live forever. We get old too. You are twenty-one now. You have passed your marriageable age already. I only wish that you would be happy in the future." Her mother told her that she knew that most parents would want to see their children be happy.

"I see that you both are enjoying the outside breeze today." Hearing her father, Lin Ning smiled to know that her father was the best father to ever ask for.

"Father, when did you return?" Lin Ning could hear her father walking over to sit beside her, leaving her in between her parents.

"I returned just now. The court has been in a lot of agreement and disagreement about the soil of this country." Hearing her father say that, she may have been blind, but luck gave her a gift to sense people's emotions. As long as she wore her blindfold, she would open her eyes to see the colors that indicated their feelings. Not only that, but she would be able to sense their emotion in the air. Using that, she could also guide herself around certain places whenever she could while using her other senses.