88

Work was becoming easier. Talking to Ashton was becoming easier. Just living day by day was becoming easier. I didn't carry everything on my back and it was weird to accustom to but nothing I didn't welcome with open arms.

I think people were honestly noticing too. For instance Nathan at work, he seemed quite surprised with my recent blog updates if you ask me.

I heard a knock on my office door as I stuffed half a donut in my mouth, I try to swallow it fast enough before the door opens, but I fail tragically.

It doesn't help that it's my boss either. Oh boy.

"Kat, hey are you busy?" Nathan asks walking towards my desk, taking a seat on one of my chairs.

I quickly put my hand over my mouth, chewing as fast as I can. Nathan watches me with an confused face but his eyes fall on my desk and he falls into a fit of laughter.

"Missed breakfast this morning?" He smirks at me. I blush, nodding as I wipe the corners of my mouth.

"Yeah, had to stop at Dunkin Donuts." I say and he quickly nods, his hands crossed on his stomach.

"Anyways, um you asked if I was busy?" I say shaking my head to rid of my 'donut' filled thoughts.

"Yeah, well I noticed you submitted in 2 blog reports within an hour and a half and the majority of it isn't black and white.... Change of heart?" Nathan asks subtly and I know he sees my changes and I'm actually glad.

I want people to know my change because it's a good change.

"Uh well yeah... Wanted to try something new - fresh... Is it good?" I ask worriedly. I didn't consider whether it would look good or not. Dammit.

"Oh no it's looks great it's just different then what you usually submitted. I like it though, keep it up." Nathan says tapping my desk before standing up, sending me a friendly wink then walking out my office.

I let out a breath, a smile on crawling on my lips. Positivity. Positivity is key. That's been my mantra the past few days and I usually say it to myself because some days I still have doubts on my life, in general, but I was still a work in progress so I still had a whole lot of mountains to climb.

Not only did Nathan notice but Lewis and Jessie did too.

The bell rang as I walked into the store that I haven't been in for what seems like forever but has only been a few weeks.

I quickly walk to the cash register, a red head stares at me, a smile on her face. "How can I help you?" She asks politely and I try to make myself not laugh but can't help but giggle.

"Is Jessie or Lewis here?" I ask and she quickly nods at me. "They are in the back - would you like for me to get the-"

"Actually I'll just go talk to them, I'm the co-owner by the way - Kat Greene." I say extending my hand for her to shake.

Her eyes widen and her cheeks redden and I can't help but giggle again.

"Oh my bad," she chuckles, "I'm Emma." She takes my hand and I nod.

"Nice meeting you - I'll see you around." I nod my head at her as I begin my way to the back of the store.

My lips break into a smile at the sound of Lewis and Jessie arguing.

"Go deposit this! I don't pay you for sitting at the cash register!" Jessie says to Lewis, she was right. Lewis always hated taking the deposit to the bank. Lazy bum.