14

Ashton's POV

My hand instantly goes to Kat's cheek, the other loosely holding onto her hip. Kat's small, warm hands lightly placed on my chest, almost as if she didn't know where to put them.

"T-this is wrong." She mutters separating from the kiss, her cheeks a bright pink. "What? How?" I ask confused as she stands up and paces the floor in little strides.

"We just kissed after that whole fiasco and Kyle.. I love him." She whispers the last part and I try to hold my anger in, I didn't want to argue with her.

"Why? You just witnessed him be a dick to you, you heard him, he said he would have stopped talking to you." I say shaking my head, hoping she'd just all of a sudden fall out of love with him... And maybe with me.

"Y-yeah but, it feels wrong. I feel like I'm cheating on him." She says shaking her head, she looks up to the ceiling and I know she's holding back tears.

"Well if that's the case, he just cheated on you with your best friend." I say angrily and walk out of her room. She was infuriating. She was blinded by a high school crush that she didn't even realize me.

"Where are you going?" Kat's small voice asks from behind me as I grab my car keys from the table. "Home." I say giving her a side glance and walking out the door.

We just needed a breather for tonight. She was obviously still hung on that prick and didn't exactly have feelings for me. I get it. But that doesn't make it hurt any less than it does.

-

"Dude, you've been on this couch for the past 4 days. Get out. Get some fresh air, shower for fucks sake!" Calum, my best friend, whines as I grumpily hide my face under the cover I had wrapped around me.

"No." He groans again. "You guys weren't even dating, I don't know why your so heartbroken." He says getting off the couch and reaching for the remote.

"Well, I liked her yet she chose him although he didn't choose her. It kind of hurts, Cal." I say trying not to use too much sarcasm.

"Has she texted you?" He asks and I shrug, my phones been dead ever since that night. "Charge it! What if she sent you texts proclaiming her love for you." He says and I can't tell if he's joking or not so I just reach for my charger and plug my phone in.

Within a few minutes my phone illuminates to the lock screen, numerous texts coming in. A few from my buddies, the usual.

I bit my lip as I go through all of them, hoping atleast one was from Kat.

"None huh sport?" Calum says looking at my phone screen and I groan in frustration, locking my phone and tossing it on another couch cushion.

"She's so infuriating. Why can't she just text me? Or call me or something!" I groan in my hands.

"Girls... Can't live with them." Calum says standing up, he never cared for relationships. "Where you going?"

"Home, you smell and have no food." He pouts and I roll my eyes, a small smile on my face.

"Oh, and when are you going back to work? I need you to put a shirt aside for me." Calum says walking backwards towards the door. "Tomorrow." I sigh and he nods.

"See ya." He shouts and walks out, slamming the door behind him. "See ya." I sigh, although he's already gone.

-

I stare at the glass door, hoping she'd walk through. Like last time. But she never did.

I groaned every time someone walked in, making me disappointed each time. I don't know why I liked her so much. Why I missed her so much. Why I wanted to talk to her. I didn't know. But it was eating me alive, not talking to her, but I refuse to go and make the first move.

"Ash, your lunch break." Tina, my manager says nudging me and I nod, grabbing my car keys and walking out the store.

I walk into the breezy air and slide into my car, I didn't know what to eat.

I drove around for a few minutes, so I quickly settle on chinese. I park and jump out my car, walking towards the entrance of the restaurant.

When I walk in there's two people infront of me, a guy and a girl infront of him.

I stared at the girls back profile, something seemingly familiar. Maybe it was her clothes, mostly in black. Or the hair. She looked like, for the most part, Kat.

I watch as the girl turns around with a receipt in her hand, standing near the pick up lane and that when I realize it is Kat. Kat is here. I'm seeing her in the flesh.

"K-Kat!" I say still in shock, I walk out of the line and towards her. Her eyes widen in surprise and her mouth lays agape.

"W-What are you doing here?" She asks bring her lip, her sunglasses don't lay on her face.

"I came for my lunch break. What are you doing here?" I decided to ask her the question.

"I just came for lunch." She shrugs, her voice quiet. I nod slowly, unsure of how to ask her why she's been avoiding me. Well, I know why, I just want her to stop.

"So, Beth moved out.." Kat says looking at her fingers than up at me. "Really?"

"Yeah, the next day she came and took her stuff." She shrugs and I smile at her.

"But now, I need to find an apartment. I can't afford my house now that it's just me so.. Yeah." Kat says shrugging once again and I nod. No, I shouldn't. She wouldn't want me to. But it's a good idea..

"I could mo-"

"Order 34!" A man days holding a take out bag and Kat turns around and grabs it.

"Well, I should go.." She says taking a step back and I nod, putting my hands in my pockets.

"See you later?" She looks at me hesitantly, biting down on her lip. "Yeah." She whispers and I smile before she walks out.