45

Songs: Moments - One Direction
18 - One Direction

Ashton's POV

I don't think I was ever prepared to see Kat sob as loud and as hard as she is right now. Honestly I thought she'd ignore her mothers comments, considering she favored her father more but then again it is her mother. Whenever it's one of your parents telling you cruel things or anything for that matter it's always 100x worse because it's so easy to believe your parents whether your young or old.

"Maybe we should go to the hotel." I mumble into Kat's hair, sniffling she nods. I pull her seat belt over her chest, buckling her in, I give her one more kiss to the forehead before closing the passenger side door and walking over to the drivers side.

I take my phone out, searching the address of the hotel. It was only 5 minutes away from her mothers house.

I begin driving, Kat's head is slouched on the window, her face red. My hand instantly goes to her knee, rubbing it softly.

My heart broke at the sight of her, I've never seen her this messed up. It physically hurt me seeing her like this and I don't want to see the day I accidentally hurt her, because that day, I'll probably hurt myself too.

-

It's been two hours. 120 minutes of complete silence. Ever since we got to the hotel, Kat has been sunken in bed, the covers hiding her from the world.

I let her have a little alone time, I didn't want to be too much.

But it's been two hours and I'm sure she has to be hungry. I walk over to where she lays, I sit next to her stomach, slowly pulling the duvet down.

She squints her eyes due to the light, her eyes bloodshot from all the crying.

"Are you hungry?" I ask quietly, my hand in the small of her back. She shakes her head no and let's her head fall back into the pillow, her eyes roaming the ceiling, she was thinking.

"You sure? They have room service. We can get a dinner." I say again and she shrugs, her tongue darts out to lick her chapped lips.

"I really just want to lay here," her voice says hoarsely.

"With you." She mumbles. I give her a small smile, nodding my head at her.

"Move over then, silly." I say and get under the duvet just as she chuckles softly, moving over.

I put my arm around her waist, pulling her into my chest. She hums in response, her fingers playing with the collar of my shirt.

"Don't listen to her." I say, knowing she needs the reassurance.

She makes a 'hmph' noise then looks up at me. "How can I not? My own mother wants me dead." She says shaking her head.

"First her then Beth and Kyle..." She mumbles under her breath and I sigh.

"They didn't and don't deserve your time." I say defiantly.

"Then who does?" She whispers, her breath fanning my neck.

"Someone who has been there for you... Someone who is nice to you and cares about what you think... Someone that cares for you all together... Someone who..." It was now or never, I had to tell her, let's pray she'd feel the same.

"Loves you." I finish and then the room fills with silence. I don't have the guts to say anything. I want to hear her response. Does she love me?

"Your only saying that because I'm sad." She finally speaks up and I roll my eyes.

"No I'm not, I've been wanting to tell you for a few days... I just didn't know when."

The room is silent again, Kat lifts her head to look at me.

"What happened to thinking that 'this isn't love' ?" she says with a slight attitude. I furrow my eyebrows at her confused.

"You told your friends that you didn't think you'd be in love with me." She says and then I remember.

"At that specific time, yes, I didn't think I was completely in love with you. How hard would it be to love someone who doesn't care for affection o-or is just so reserved. Just as much as you are scared of rejection, I am too." I say, staring at the ceiling but then looking down at her.

Her eyes are trained on my Adam's apple, her fingers still playing with the collar of my shirt.

"Oh." She responds and I internally shut down. She doesn't love me. She doesn't care that deeply for me. I knew I always tried too hard for her.

"Ashton-" she says weakly, as I turn my head to the side. This is what she felt when she was friends with Kyle? Wow.

Her hand goes to my cheek, turning my head to face her. "I'm sorry I'm not good with affection but - I think I - I ugh lo-you know..." She stutters, her face extremely close.

I give in and smile, not even caring that she's too afraid to say the word.

"Your not saying that because I'm sad or anything right?" I purposely repeat what she says, she rolls her eyes at me, gulping she nods.

"I'm not." I bite down on my lip, suppressing the grin on my face. I peck her lips continuously, turning us so her backs on the mattress and half my body is over her.

I continue to give her pecks all over her face, small giggles falling from her lips.

"You'll be alright." I whisper finally done with the multiple kisses. She sighs, staring intently at me, she shrugs, her finger trailing my collar.

"Hopefully."

-

Quick insight, when I put song names the song don't necessarily go with the chapter it's just whatever gets me somewhat motivated or if it matches the tone, in this case. So yeah just wanted to give you guys a heads up! :-)