62

Ashton's POV

Kat's mother stands on the other side of the door, her features reflecting Kat's. A lady stands behind her, she has pale skin, her brown eyes cautiously watching me.

"U-Uh hello Mrs.Green." I cough awkwardly, Kat's mother couldn't have any worse timing right now.

"Kat's boyfriend - Ashton was it? Is Kat here?" Her mother says looking behind me, I grab the door closing it slightly so she can't see passed me.

"She is, what can we do for ya..." I say staring at the two women, one of which I secretly despise for hurting Kat. The other is still unknown to me.

"I have things to tell her - I would like to see her." Her mother says in a strict tone. I wasn't sure if Kat was mentally prepared to see or speak to her mother, especially out of the blue like this.

"I don't know if that's a good ide-"

"Ashton! Your phone is ringing!" Kat says loudly, making me turn around to see her staring at both her mother, the lady behind her and I.

"Ah there she is!" Her mother says slightly pushing me and walking inside my apartment, the lady sheepishly following behind her.

"Mom." Kat gasps quietly, standing still as her mother goes to give her a pat on the back.

"W-Who's that?" Kat says staring at the woman that's picking at her nails. Kat sounds out of breath, no doubt caught off guard.

I quickly close the door and stand by her side. Kat's mother looks to the lady, her head nodding a little as she looks back to Kat.

"That's why I'm here - were here." Her mother says, coughing slightly, her hands folded together.

"And why is that?" Kat asks confused, her should in my side as my arm gets through over her shoulders, landing on her bicep.

"Can we sit? Maybe some refreshments?" Kat's mother says looking around, she begins to walk to the dining room, sitting at the table, the lady scurrying being her. Who was she?

"I'll um - I'll get drinks." I clear my throat, walking to the kitchen I quickly grab 4 cans of soda and back to the dining room where Kat worriedly sits across her mother and the lady that has yet to introduce herself.

"Oh dear - I don't drink soda." Kat's mother says pushing the can away.

I go to respond but Kat beats me to it. "That's all we have, mother."

"How unhealthy." Kat's mother says under her breath and the lady elbows Kat's mother, her eyes furrowed.

"Mother - why are you here?" Kat says clearly agitated. I quickly find a seat next to her, placing my hand on her thigh.

"Well - I thought I'd stop by to hear my apology that I have yet to get from you."

"Well sorry for driving here two hours to leave empty handed. Your not getting an apology from me." Kat says squeezing my hand that lays on her thigh.

I watch with cautious eyes as the lady next to Kat's mother, stares at Kat, fondly actually. I see her eyes scan Kat's face, the tiniest of smiles on her face. Why was she smiling and who was she?

"That's no way to speak to me. I have raised you and catered to you your whole life. Now apologize to me." Kat's mother demands, her hand slapping down on the table, the lady next to her clears her throat, catching Kat's mothers attention.

"What?" Kat's mother says with annoyance.

"We didn't agree to this." She whispers although we can still hear her.

"Agree to what?" Kat says confused, her eyebrows furrowed tightly.

Kat's mother looks between Kat and the lady, clearing her throat she looks at me. "We'd like privacy, please."

I turn to Kat, watching her face for any disapproval. "I'll be fine." Kat mutters and I nod, standing up, I lean down to leave a chaste hiss to her head before sitting in the living room.

This can't be good.

-

Next chapter will be Kat's POV ;-) sorry for chopping up this scene in multiple chapters but I just want to get it right and stuff.

Ahah anyways hope you guys enjoy so far!

Happy reading! Xx