R e s c u e

"Just breathe."

Shoto rubbed circles into Izuku's shoulder. It seemed he actively avoided touching his back. Izuku felt something heavy, but he was too busy coughing up vomit and acid to care right now. It was all too much.

"Dabi, go to the medical wing if you can walk."

The hellhound nodded and used the wall to stand, face contorting at every movement or motion. He had burnt off his shirt just to made it a little better. It looked like Dabi had first degree sunburns all over. Izuku felt guilty tears well in his eyes.

"..wh-why.. didn't you just leave?" The greenette croaked out, salty tears really not the greatest on burning cheeks.

The hellhound just gave a smile, weak and bemused. "I wouldn't leave you like that even if I was told to. I still would have held you in my arms... just relax okay? And Shoto... check his hand and stomach, I don't know how it happened but he got cut."

Dabi limped down the hall after that, Izuku just gagging at the taste in his throat, trying to swallow the urge to throw up even more.

"Izuku? Do you think you can lean on me to walk? We really need to get you medical attention." Satan whispered softly after a few minutes of Izuku just panting against the wall.

"What's the point? It'll heal overnight anyway." Izuku muttered, voice still scratched.

"The point is so you don't have to be in pain while waiting for it to go away." Izuku felt a foreign object brush against his leg and weakly looked down at it, freezing slightly when he saw a thin tail with a bulbous end attached.

He glanced up at Shoto. "You have a tail? Since when?"

The man chuckled and shook his head. "No, Izuku, that's yours."

"...what?"

He followed the spindly tail to his own backside, catching the sight of small baby wings appearing from his shoulder blades.

"...what??"

"Let's get you to the medical ward.. okay?" Shoto gently held out a hand Izuku could use to help himself stand. "Your body manifested your Hell features finally."

Izuku was far too perplexed to stop his investigation, trying to move the tail. It didn't budge. He slowly stood  with Satan's help and felt the tail swing and wings slump. This was so weird.

Against his better judgement, Izuku reached up at brushed his temple. Tiny baby horns... they were like Mina's. Kind of.

Izuku was finding it so difficult to concentrate on a single thing. His mind spun.

"..Sho-" He breathed out sharply, feeling another gentle touch brush against his shoulder to steady him. He felt the overwhelming sensations make his mind buzz. "Sho I can't-"

"Hey, hey." Shoto leaned down slightly to be eye level with him. "Look at me Izuku, breathe. Can you do that? Match my breathing."

Izuku watched as the taller used his hand to guide Izuku along into a breathing exercise, concentrating on that instead of anything else.

After a few seconds Izuku let out a watery chuckle. "I never though Satan would guide me through a panic attack.."

"Come on, little troublemaker." Shoto just smiled, starting to guide him at a slow and gentle pace. "You're doing good. Just say my name if you need a break from walking okay?"

"M-mhm.."

Izuku paid attention to Shoto's gentle touch on his stinging shoulder and his gentle hold on his hand.