L i f e ?

{graphic rape warning for this chapter lmao, I'll put a 🔪🔪🔪🔪 before it so if you'd like you can stop reading there}
.
.
.
.
.

"...Momo, do you remember your life?"

The women glanced over in Izuku's directly, rubbing her arms to try and smooth down the shivers and goosebumps. This holding cell was frigid.

"I...I died decades ago. I died while raped."

Izuku's eyes softened. "...and you were sent to Satan's house right after? That must have been horrible."

"...he was kind to me, kind of. He respected me and kept his distance since I did as I was told. I've always been used to those type of households." She paused for a moment as Izuku slid over to lean against her. "...what are you doing?"

"Body heat." Was his only answer. She just hummed.

"You're too soft hearted for your own good, Midoriya." She shifted to wrap her arms around Izuku. They shivered together now.

"I grew up in a place that expected obedience and loyalty, a daughter of the household in fact. I was the heir to so much fortune... but I was also the heir to abuse." She murmured these words with a strained voice, recalling events she no doubtfully buried deep.

"It was deja-vu; dying." Her voice only went quieter. If Izuku didn't move closer he might have not been able to listen to her story. "I was like a doll when I was growing up until my father wanted me to start paying for my own things as a teenager, trying to teach me how to be an adult. It sparked something in my mom, she told me to start selling my body. Of course I fought back but it resulted my parents renting it for me... the more defiant I became; the worse. When I became pregnant they permanently sold me to a house. That's where it ended."

Izuku wanted to hug her back, but he just pulled against the chains of the cuffs.

"When I died, I was a servant for the same type of person that my parents were. He expected a lot, when I started to slow with my duties, I think he got tired of me over time. He got tired as I got tired. That's why he abandoned me the day you arrived."

Izuku felt his throat tighten in slight resentment towards Shoto, but it was quickly gone with the sadness that he'd never see him again. His mouth was dry and his head ached. Izuku just opened his mouth, speaking just as quiet as Momo had been.

"...I murdered the two people holding us here."

Her head immediately snapped down to look at him, he didn't meet her eyes.

"I was also in prostitution-"

"But you're so young.."

Izuku ignored the burn in his eyes at her disbelief.

"-and they just... they did a lot of bad things. They let me do bad things. I really... really couldn't handle it. I'm... really weak. Maybe it would have gotten better, but I slit their throats with the same blade they let me cut myself with." Izuku's eyes trailed down to his barely-covered thighs.

"...this world fucking sucks." They both weakly laughed at Momo hissed this through he teeth. "Even hell. I didn't think it could get worse."

"I thought it would all go white." Izuku hummed, lifting his bound hands absently towards the ceiling. "I swear I could see it so clearly, pure white skys, blissful silence. Paths of soft cotton you could just... sleep on. Nothing left to worry about. I thought it would just end."

"It sounds like you're describing the in-between." Momo softly smiled at Izuku's expression, but it fell to sympathy again.

"Like... limbo?"