king of my heart

I'm perfectly fine, I live on my own

I made up my mind, I'm better off bein' alone

We met a few weeks ago

Now you try on callin' me, baby, like tryin' on clothes

There is nothing better than laying on the beach with a book in hand breathing in the salt air. Its the first day off I have had in a while and I thought that it couldn't get better than this. Then I saw him.

Walking out of the water, surfboard in hand. He is quite literally the most beautiful man in the world. I pull my sunglasses down on my face and when his eyes meet mine I know I'm a goner.

_________________

"Cmon babyyy" JJ whines from the car "we gotta go meet the pogues"

I hop in the truck and smile at his words. We have been going out for a few weeks now and he keeps calling me baby like it is the most normal thing in the world.

_________________

Salute to me, I'm your American Queen

And you move to me like I'm a Motown beat

And we rule the kingdom inside my room

'Cause all the boys and their expensive cars

With their Range Rovers and their Jaguars

Never took me quite where you do

Growing up in the kook life you get sucked into the realm of money and status, but none of that matters here. I have never been happier spending my days in the marsh with my friends, drinking cheap beer and smoking JJ's cousin's weed. Who needs the kook life when you can live like a pogue. If there is anything that JJ has taught me its the joy of living the simple life.

_____________________

Late in the night, the city's asleep

Your love is a secret I'm hoping, dreaming, dying to keep

Change my priorities

The taste of your lips is my idea of luxury

He knocks on my window like he does almost every night. Next thing I know I'm being pulled out of the window and dragged to the twinkie. We drive around the cut listening to Taylor Swift on full blast, until it starts to pour. JJ pulls over and we end up dancing in the middle of the street in the pouring rain.

____________________

And all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for

King of my heart, body and soul, ooh whoa

And all at once, you're all I want, I'll never let you go

King of my heart (my heart), body and soul, ooh whoa

Its the last night of summer vacation and me and JJ are dancing around the fire. He spins me around and pulls me close to his body. King of my heart playing quietly in the background. I look up into his ocean blues eyes and thats the moment I realize the truth.

He smiles "whatcha thinking about love"

"You're the king of my heart Jay" I tell him and his lips meet mine with such passion.

"Then you're my queen darling" 

(488 words)