Stay Stay Stay

Y/n POV:

It had been a long couple of weeks. School was stressing me out and work was getting really busy. My parents were on my ass to make sure that I was getting everything done, which led to me not having much time for friends or more importantly my boyfriend.

I managed to get my parents to let up on me for a day, so I headed over to John B's to hang out with my friends and see JJ.

I walked into the house and was almost immediately greeted by Kiara.

"Y/n!!!" she squealed as she embraced me in a hug.

"Hi kie" I chuckled, pulling out of the hug.

"Girl, I haven't seen you in like forever" she said

"Yeah I know, school and work have been a lot and my parents have been on my ass" I explained while looking around the chateau.

I saw both John B and Pope sitting on the couch, but JJ was nowhere in sight.

"Boy's" I greeted the two on the couch, they both waved then went back to playing their game.

I turned back to Kiara who was still by my side and as I was about to ask where JJ was she answered before I could even ask.

"He's in the spare, he hasn't really come out in the past few days. I think he missed you." She sighs, JJ has always been the go go go type so this was a bit weird for him.

I nodded at my best friend and made my way to the spare bedroom. I knocked on the door, and heard JJ mumble go away. I opened the door to see him lying face up on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Jay" I said quietly, gaining his attention. As soon as he saw that it was me, he jumped up out of bed and engulfed me in a hug.

"Baby" He squealed as he nuzzled his face into my neck. "I missed you"

"I missed you baby" I smiled, kissing the side of his head.

We laid down and cuddled for a while before we got up to hang out with our friends.

-------

After a few hours of hanging out I got a call from my parents. They were pissed that I wasn't at home studying.

"Okay I'll come home, geez" I scoffed over the phone talking to my mom.

"Young lady don't talk to me that way, just get your ass home before I ground you" My mom yelled through the phone.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled and quickly hung up the phone.

I trotted back to my friends knowing that they were going to hate that I had to leave.

"Hey guys I gotta go" I said sadly, I saw JJ's face drop.

"But babe I just got you back, can't you stay longer?" he questioned getting up and coming closer to me.

"I can't, my parents want me home like yesterday" I said, I wish he could just accept the fact that I needed to go home.

"Blow em off" JJ said trying to convince me but it was just starting to annoy me.

"Jay I can't they are still my parents" I argued back, we normally didn't fight, but with everything going on I was still super stressed.

"So what they treat you like shit, plus we haven't seen you in forever" At this point we were starting to get loud, our friends just quietly watching not knowing what to do.

"That doesn't matter JJ, I have to go home. I am not having this fight with you again. Can't you just listen to me, I'll come over tomorrow."

"Yeah you say that but it will be another three days before I even get a text from you, seriously y/n when you go back home it's like I don't even exist"

"Are you serious JJ, really?" I said with a now visible attitude. "You know what I'm leaving" I said and just turned around and started walking to my car.

Much to my surprise JJ didn't follow me. I got in my car and drove home.

Luckily my parents let me just go to bed. I flopped down on the mattress and stared a the ceiling thinking about me and JJ's fight. Little did I know he was laying in his bed thinking about the same thing.

----

The next morning I woke up to a text from JJ that said can we talk. I recently responded, still upset at the way he talked to me that night. But I texted back sure and asked to meet at the chateau.

Half an hour later I walked into the spare bedroom where I saw JJ laying on the bed once more.

I walked in with my arms crossed and sat down in the chair across from him.

"Hey" was all I said

"Y/n listen, I'm sorry for last night. I just hate not being able to see you, sometimes it feels like I don't even have a girlfriend, sometimes I get worried that not hearing from you means that you don't love me anymore and it's your way of telling. And I honestly don't know what I would do without you. And I know that there are better ways to communicate that but when I feel all trapped and sad I lash out."

I didn't know what to say, JJ never really knew how to communicate to him actually talking about this was a little new.

All I knew was that there was no one better than him for me. He was it, and even though we fight sometimes, he always shows back up.

After a moment of silence, I said the only thing that felt right

"Stay"

"What?" He questioned, not really knowing where I was going with this.

"Stay" I repeated, he looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. "I know that it's hard right now, but I want you to stay. I promise to do better, but know for a fact that I will never, ever stop loving you okay JJ" I confessed as I moved to straddle him as he sat on the edge of the bed.

I put my hands into his hair, running my fingers through the strands because I know that it soothes him.

"Okay" was all he said as he let out a breath that he was holding in, his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me close to his body. "I love you too" he whispered into my ear.

After staying like that for a while, we went into the living room, where we were greeted by our friends.

"So you two make up?" Pope asked, trying not to make it obvious that they had been eavesdropping.

"Yeah were good" I said with a smile on my face as JJ pulled me into his side.

"Good cause it was gonna be an awkward night if you two didn't make up" John B laughed as he grabbed me and JJ a beer from the fridge.

"So night time boat ride?" Kie asked the group, knowing we all would say yes.

We all made our way down the pogue. We spent the rest of the night laughing and having a great time.

Every once in a while JJ would whisper something in my ear or kiss my cheek, just to remind me that he was there.

Just another reason I love him so much. 

(1239 words)