Confessions

Background: This takes place during season one episode six.

It was like any other night. My friends and I were sitting at John B's house around the fire in the backyard. It had been a long week. We got caught up in this treasure hunt, it was driving all of us to insanity. We were never the group of friends to have big blowout fights, but lucky us we were currently in the middle of one.

"You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kie yelled at John B. He had included Sarah Cameron in on our mission. I for one didn't really care about her being here, but Kie did so I just let them deal with it.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing." Kie continued

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope butted in, which honestly shocked me, he was never one to speak up in situations like this.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not?" John B directed toward Pope ignoring Kie's earlier comment

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope continued

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ replied. I could tell that he was getting tired of this conversation.

"That's cute, guys." John B said with a smirk on his face. I kind of felt bad for him, but this was his mess to fix. I kind of zoned out of the conversation. I really hated conflict. I finally snapped out of my thoughts when I heard John B yell

"Everybody shut up!"

"Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're... ...you're my..." John B studdard

"Say it." Sarah spoke up

"You're my girlfriend." John B let out softly. It kind of shocked me. I mean they had been talking for like two second. They kept up with the argument but I suddenly felt my eyes focus on the blonde boy sitting across from me.

I had been in love with him for as long as I remembered, but he was my best friend and that was always going to be more important. On top of that the whole "no pogue on pouge macking thing" was technically still in effect. Even though I knew Pope had a massive crush on Kie and John B kissed her. Hearing John B call Sarah his girlfriend made me sad that JJ couldn't call me his. But that was entirely my fault.

Flashback

Me and JJ were sitting on the porch of John B's waiting to hear anything from him. He was currently in the hospital after his incident with Topper. If I'm being honest I was terrified that he wasn't going to be okay, and so was JJ. We were curled up on the couch together, silently listening to the other breath. It was comforting, knowing that we at least had each other.

I felt JJ slightly pull away so that he could look me in the eyes. They were so beautiful, but right now all I could see was sorrow. Before I could say anything he began to speak.

"Y/n, there's something that I need to tell you"

I started to get nervous, there were so many things going on right now, what could he possibly need to tell me.

"What is it J?"

"I can't hold it in anymore. You don't have to say anything, but I need you to know that I love you"

"JJ, I know, I love you too"

"No y/n, I'm in love with you"

I felt my face drop. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell him that I felt the same way, but I was so scared. Everyone I had loved had either died, or treated me like crap. That word scared me more than the events of the past week. Before I knew it I had just said "thanks"

Present Time

Things had been awkward since that encounter. JJ had barely spoken to me, it was killing me. But right now there wasn't much I could do. Kie had gotten up and walked into the house, clearly pissed and Sarah told John B to call her when things cooled down.

Pope and JJ were arguing with John B, when he finally looked at me and asked for my opinion.

"So, y/n what do you think? You have been really quiet"

"Umm, I don't know JB. I think this is something you need to figure out"

I saw JJ roll his eyes and he blurted out "Shocking the princess doesn't know what to say"

The boys were taken aback by what JJ had said. They didn't know what had happened and JJ never spoke to me like that. I didn't have a response, he was right. JJ stood up and started to walk down the dock. Pope and John B shot me a WTF look and I just shook my head and followed JJ. I couldn't do this anymore, we needed to talk. I reached the end of the dock and he was staring out into the water.

"JJ" I said.

"Look, y/n. I can't do this. I am so in love with you. It is killing me to be around you right now." He turned around to face me, with tears in his eyes. I walked closer to him, but he moved out of the way.

"I can't pretend anymore. I think we should take a break from being around each other. I just can't because it hurts too much" His words broke my heart.

"JJ no come on, it's us. Remember y/n and JJ best friends forever right?" I started to tear up

"Not everything lasts forever" He said with heartbreak in his voice. He turned to walk back down the dock and I felt all my sadness turn into anger. I didn't tell him how I felt because I didn't want to lose him and now he was leaving me.

"DAMN IT JJ, YOU DO NOT GET TO TELL ME THAT OUR FRIENDSHIP NEEDS A BREAK" I yelled as he was making his way down the dock. I didn't realize it but we had caught the attention of our friends who were standing on the porch of the chateau.

"YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A CHOICE." He yelled back, still not turning around.

"COME BACK HERE JJ, DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM ME" I yelled once more. He stopped and turned back to face me.

"WHY SHOULD I" was all he said. I could hear the tiredness in his voice from screaming.

Without a second thought I scream back at him at the top of my lungs

"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT" I froze as the words left my lips. Before I could say anything else. JJ practically ran to me back down the dock and grabbed me by the waist pulling me into the most passionate kiss in the world. His hands made their way up to my face and mine made their way to his hair. I swear that kiss could have lasted forever, but we had to pull apart for air.

JJ looked me in the eyes and I felt all the fear in my body disappear.

"You really mean that" He said sweetly

"With all my heart" I said with the biggest smile on my face. JJ placed another sweeter kiss on my lips.

"Well then, y/n. Will you be my girlfriend?" JJ said softly

"I would love that" I said and he pulled me into a hug, slightly giggling.

We stood there for a few more moments before turning to head back to our friends. I thought that they were shocked. I didn't think they had realized what was going on between us. I thought they would be pissed but as we got closer I saw the smiles on their faces. JJ pulled me in a little closer and I put my head on his shoulder. Once we got into talking distance with our friends, John B was the first one to speak and all he said was

"It's about damn time"

We all started laughing, but damn was he right. 

(1359 words)