Hiding

Today has been the day from hell. First I found out that Ward Cameron killed my dad, but then my idiot brother dragged me with him to save his girlfriend, which resulted in Sheriff Peterkin dying in my arms. Now we are on the run because the cops think that we killed her.

We decided that it was better to split up and meet back at the dock tomorrow morning. John B wanted to get Sarah and I figured it would be better if we weren't on the run together.

Kiara and Pope are trying to get supplies for us so that we can take JJ's dad's boat south and get out of harm's way.

The only problem with that is that we have to leave, and I don't want to leave my family. I especially don't want to leave JJ.

So I decided that if it was my last night in OBX, I was going to spend it with the boy that I love.

Me and JJ are at our secret spot, he managed to get some blankets so we can sleep on the beach tonight.

I am snuggled up in his arms as we watch the waves crash on the sand. The silence is nice, but I know it's because we are both scared about what the morning is going to bring.

I finally break the silence as I pull away to sit up. JJ followed right behind me, rubbing circles into my back.

"What are we going to do Jay?" I ask

He lets out a breathy sigh and keeps rubbing my back "I don't know baby, but we will figure it out okay?"

I look him in the eyes and nod. I settle back into his arms, this is the last time we will be together for a while then I am going to get everything off my chest.

"Jay" I whisper.

"Yeah baby?" He moves so that we are facing each other.

"You know how much I love you right?" I ask as if I don't know the answer

JJ smiles, I swear he has the same look on his face every time I tell him I love him.

"Of course babe, you know how much I love you right?" I just nod and he kisses my cheek

"One day, you and I are going to get married and we are going to have the best family in the world. I promise." He coos in my ear. I swear he always knows what to say to put me at ease.

"I'm going to hold you to that" I smile and kiss his lips.

"I accept nothing less, now I think you need some rest, big day tomorrow" He says laying us back down.

I fall asleep in his arms, I swear every time he holds me I feel complete.

—-----------------------

"Baby wake up" JJ whispers as he kisses my cheek.

I open my eyes and the sun almost blinds me, I can't help but sigh, knowing that I had to leave him soon.

"We have to go" He says and I just nod, letting him help me up.

We head over to his bike that he hides for them at night and make our way to the dock to meet the others. I held onto his waist the whole time, knowing it was the last time for a while.

We get to the dock to see John B waiting for me.

"Come on y/n we have to go now" He says getting ready to head out.

I just sigh and go over to hug Pope and Kie, telling them that I will see them soon.

I go to walk over to JJ but he grabs my hand and pulls me toward the boat. Then all of a sudden he hops on too.

"JJ what are you doing? This isn't the plan." I ask him confused, since he is supposed to stay.

"This was always the plan, I'm not letting you go ever, so I am coming with you guys" He looks at me then over at John B.

I looked over at my brother, who clearly knew this was the plan, I just smiled knowing that they didn't tell me because they knew I would tell him to stay.

"Jay" I try to protest, but he puts his finger over my lips telling me not to. I let out a sigh and just accepted the fact that he is coming with me. "Okay" I smiled at him.

We all turned back to Kie and Pope, who both had tears in their eyes.

"Two months" John B yells, they both smile and nod.

John B pulls out of the dock and I just hold onto JJ. Hoping that things really do work out, but at least he's with me. That's all I really need. 

(801 words)