Jumped

Fighting is literally one of my least favorite things in the world, especially when it is uncalled for. Now me and Pope are waiting for JJ to get back from his grocery run, trying to find a way to cover up the new bruises and cuts from our run in with Rafe and Topper.

At this point I was more worried about JJ's reaction than the pain that I was actually in from getting hit in the head with a golf club.

"Pope how do we even hide these?" I question my friend, as he tries to cover his cuts with his hat.

"Honestly y/n I have no clue" He says, taking his hat off and walking toward me. He inspects the cut on my forehead and runs his finger over it. "God I'm so sorry y/n. I shouldn't have let them get to you" Pope sighs

"Hey Pope, listen to me it's fine okay, you were on the ground bleeding, I probably shouldn't have gone after Rafe, but I wasn't going to just sit back. Soo if it's anyone's fault it's mine" I smile at my best friend.

He just nods and goes back to trying to cover up his cuts. All of a sudden I hear JJ running down the dock, waving money around.

"Guys, guys. That was awesome, the easiest 100 bucks I have ever made" He smiles, I try not to make eye contact and hide the side of my face.

Pope looks up and JJ catches a view of his face.

"Bro what happened to you?" JJ asks, taking Pope's hat off and seeing the damage.

Pope let out a breath, we weren't going to tell JJ, but Pope was never good with secrets "Rafe and Topper jumped us" He whispered out.

As soon as he said us JJ's attention moved to me and he walked over and moved the hair out of my face, seeing the new cut and bruise on my head and cheek.

"Those mother fuckers" JJ said under his breath, as he slide his finger over my cheek.

"JJ i'm okay" I tell him trying to call him down. He quickly pulls me into a hug and just starts whispering that he was sorry for leaving me.

I pull away and look him in the eyes, I thought I would find anger, but his eyes were just sad. He looked like he was in more pain than me. I run my finger over his cheek, and send him a small smile.

"Baby, I'm fine I promise." I coo

He looks me in the eyes and then places a small kiss on my lips. Then pulls me back into a hug, I bury my head into his shoulder and he runs his hands through my hair.

"I know, I just hate that someone touched you," He says. JJ has always been protective over me, even before we started dating.

Finally after a few moments, he turns his attention back to Pope. "They aren't going to get away with this" JJ says grabbing Pope's attention.

"No they're not," Pope agrees, starting up the boat.

I don't know what's about to go down, but it's not going to be good.

(534 words)