Drive

( i wanted to try writing in the second person, let me know what you think)

It was late and you are laying in your bed, staring up at the ceiling, bored out of your mind.

Suddenly you hear something hit your window, not knowing what it was you got up and went over to the window.

You open the blinds to see your blond boyfriend staring up at you. A small smile creeps onto your face.

JJ waves his hand as a signal to come downstairs. You put up one finger to signal that you would be down in a minute. JJ of course could have called you, but getting your attention via the window was much more his style.

You walked over to your desk and threw on a sweatshirt that you had stolen a while ago from JJ, and made your way out of your room. You slipped down the stairs trying not to wake your mom and as soon as you get to the bottom of the stairs you hear someone call your name.

"Y/n?" your mom asks from the top of the stairs

You quickly turn around. "I'm gonna go for a ride with JJ, I'll be back in a little." you say

"Okay, be safe" your mom says, still half-asleep. She knew that if you were with JJ that things would be fine. She loved that boy almost as much as you.

You slip on your shoes and grab your keys making your way out the door.

JJ was standing there waiting for you by his truck. As soon as he heard the door, his gaze fell on you.

"Hey baby" JJ says to you as you walk up and engulf him in a hug.

"Hi Jay" you say, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "What's up with the late night visit?"

"I was thinking we could go for a drive" He says pulling you toward the passenger door opening it so you can get in.

You accepted the invitation for a drive, these were some of your favorite moments with your boyfriend. Normally JJ only wanted to go on a late night drive when something was wrong, but tonight felt different.

He had this goofy grin on his face, he hopped in the other side of the car and started up the truck. Placing his hand on your thigh and handing you the aux cord so you both could jam to some music.

You plug in your phone and shuffle your playlist that you made that reminds you of JJ.

Y'all drive around for a while, just taking in the beauty of the outer banks. After about 30 minutes one of your favorite songs comes on.

You immediately recognize the beginning of the song and turn up the radio as loud as it goes.

Somebody to you by the Vamps starts to play and you start to sing along to the words.

All the words you say are directed toward JJ as he drives.

I used to wanna be

Living like there's only me

But now I spend my time

Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind (Yeah, you!)

I used to be so tough

Never really gave enough

And then you caught my eye

Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike (Yeah, you!)

You continue to sing and dance in your seat as JJ drives around the cut. He has the biggest smile on his face, he loves when you get all happy and start singing.

Just as the second chorus starts JJ starts to belt out the words with you, as you both sing it starts to rain.

Look at me now, I'm falling

I can't even talk, still stuttering

This ground I'm on, it keeps shaking

Oh, oh, oh, now!

As you both sing looking at each other every once in a while, you both manage to keep in your laughs at your terrible singing.

All I wanna be, yeah, all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah

Is somebody to you

All I wanna be, yeah, all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah

Is somebody to you

Everybody's tryna be a billionaire

But every time I look at you, I just don't care

'Cause all I wanna be, yeah, all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah

Is somebody to you (Yeah, you!)

You both continue singing along to the song that you both love so much.

As the song ends JJ pulls the car over in an old parking lot. You both break out into fits of laughter and as you catch your breath JJ leans over and places a sweet kiss on your lips.

As you both pull away you have massive grins on your face.

JJ hops out of the car and walks over to open your door. It was still raining but the boy was insisting that you get out of the car with him.

And it was like the world was on your side because right as you hopped out of the car Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift started playing.

You started goofing off, JJ was twirling you around and you were just laughing until you heard the beat was about to drop.

Suddenly you both stop and stand with your hands out together. Then the chorus played. We both started to scream the lyrics.

Drop everything now

Meet me in the pouring rain

Kiss me on the sidewalk

Take away the pain

'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

Get me with those green eyes, baby

As the lights go down

Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around

'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

As the chorus ended, JJ pulled you into a passionate kiss. You guys stayed in each other's arms for a while, until the cold got too much for you.

You both ran back to the car, giggling up a storm.

"Well that was fun" You breathed out trying to catch your breath "But now I am cold"

"Well then baby let's get you home" JJ says as he quickly turns on the truck and turns the heaters toward you.

You both continue to listen to music as JJ drives back to your house.

As soon as you pull in the driveway you pull JJ into the house so that you both can get warm.

You both quietly go up the stairs not to wake up your mom and you grab some towels to dry off with.

You both change into some dry clothes and JJ hops into your bed, patting the side signaling you to jump in with him.

You smile at him and hop in next to him. You snuggle into his chest as you get situated in bed.

JJ pulls you in as close as possible and wraps his arms around you.

You let out a content sigh as tiredness washes over you. You look up to see your boyfriend staring down at you , you smile up at him and place a gentle kiss on his lips.

"Thanks for tonight Jay,  had a lot of fun" you say as you lay your head back on his chest.

"Anytime baby" JJ whispers as he kisses your head.

You both lay back in bed and quickly fall asleep wrapped up in each other's arms.

(1190 words)