Chapter 90

return

Returning to natural disasters and stockpiling

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 90

    When Yu Yuetong returned home carrying the non-existent bags, there was not a single breath in the house.

    Power plants, plantations, seawater desalination plants, construction sites, sweater factories, food processing factories... all kinds of factories are running again because of the supply of water and electricity.

    However, wages have all changed from banknotes to work points and food stamps.

    The bank failure came suddenly, but not so suddenly.

    All of a sudden—all major banks declared bankruptcy overnight, including most of the state-owned banks that were thought to never fail.

    Not suddenly—almost everyone is more or less prepared. When the price of goods is so high that banknotes are just numbers, and the numbers in bank-bank-cards are really just numbers, everyone has a kind of premonition.

    I have a premonition that if there is no rain and no return to normal, the peace and beauty of the past will really only be the past.

    When bartering came back on the stage, the value of currency was not recognized so much in the hearts of the people.

    Prices are getting higher and higher, more and more exaggerated, is it not because of the panic of the people?

    Money is useless, and even if it is useful now, it will soon become useless. Only what is real is real.

    Food, water, vegetables, dry goods...

    Everyone is eager to cash out what they have.

    The world is changing rapidly. Three years ago, no one would have imagined that they would live a life full of cabbage and sweet potatoes, and they would be moved to tears.

    But people are very adaptable, and they never dare to imagine that sweet potatoes and cabbage are delicious in the world.

    It will even break your head because of the work of giving a catty of food stamps and ten work points a day.

    Yu's mother and Yu's father also went to find a job. The previous job can only be described as a "temporary worker". Although I can earn some money, the water supply crisis has not been resolved for a long time, and the major crisis of power shortage cannot be said to be completely overcome. The struggling factories have to stop production.

    Yu's father and Yu's mother naturally lost their jobs.

    The "job" of taking care of a house of vegetables and fruits at home was also cut off when the water storage was reduced to two-thirds.

    Although there is a lot of water in the house, people must always have a sense of crisis. Although it is a pity, all the plants with high water demand in the house have been eliminated.

    The rest are some drought tolerant crops.

    Naturally, all the fruit trees were cut down, as Yu Yuetong had ordered before leaving home. It's just that there were still many fruits on the tree that were about to ripen at that time, and the tree was not cut down until all the fruits were ripe.