Chapter 5

return

Back to natural disaster stockpiling busy

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 5

    Food food food food! Yu Yuetong has an extraordinary desire for food. This desire is an obsession that can only be understood by refugees who have experienced famine and cannot see when everything will end.

    An adult eats about 300 grams of staple food a day, which is 110 kilograms a year.

    Twenty thousand tons of corn is enough to feed two hundred adults for a hundred years.

    But not enough! Far from enough! Twenty thousand tons is not enough! Twenty million tons is not enough! Even 200 billion tons is just a drop in the bucket.

    If the country Z's grain reserves are released, it will be enough for the people of the whole country to eat for three years. However, even so, due to various reasons such as floods, fires, droughts, insect disasters, and earthquakes, the people who have lost stable production conditions, in the second year of the end of the world, In the tenth year, in the twentieth year... still many, many people died of starvation.

    In the second year of the end of the world, many of her family members starved to death in the famine caused by both natural and man-made disasters.

    Because there was no grain harvest in the flooded land, although the government tried hard to stabilize the price, but there was a severe drought in the second year, and people who had not harvested grain for a long time began to become anxious.

    An egg costs 3,000 yuan, and a catty of rice costs 5,000 yuan. Money has become worthless, and it is difficult for ordinary people to buy food.

    Although the officials quickly caught and criticized a batch, in the month when prices were the highest, in order to save rations for the juniors, the two old people in the family stopped eating, one after another, so hungry that they couldn't even speak I didn't even have any strength, and I lay on the bed starving to death. The two old people didn't even have a hundred catties together.

    But even so, the death of the two elderly people could not save the family who were so short of food that they went crazy. The mean and bitter second aunt was gone, the shrewd little uncle was gone, and the nice old aunt was gone. They all died of starvation.

    As for the little nephew of the second uncle’s family, he is only three years old, because there are only some melon seed shells that can be eaten at home. Even if he tries to break them, the child has a weak stomach and only the melon seed shells can be eaten. After eating, he can’t pull them out. I ended up with a bowel obstruction.

    The medical system was paralyzed, and he could not receive effective treatment. His stomach was swollen like a balloon, and his thin arms were only covered with bones, like a mountain of watermelon with a few toothpicks inserted. It hurts." I lost my breath.

    The child's mother couldn't bear it anymore, and jumped down holding the child's thin body.

    Such a beauty-loving girl was only twenty-five when she died, and her body was smashed to pieces. Because of severe anemia, she couldn't bleed much.

    In the last few years, too many people died because of food.

    Yu Yuetong closed her eyes, and tried her best to erase the tragic image of starvation from her mind, and it was too urgent! This time she came in a hurry!