(55)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

*Jungkook's POV*

I was about to lean in to kiss her, when we both heard the front door click and her mother's voice echoed outside. My mouth hovered over Hana's nose and she immediately opened her eyes, horror reflecting in them, instead of my face.

"I'm back! Hana? Are you there?"

I couldn't even realise what happened, because it happened so fast and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor, falling down on my butt with such a pressure I almost screamed in horror.

"Shit shit shit, we're doomed!" Hana jumped from the bed, the present from her father falling down to the ground. I stared up at her in shock, instantly regretting coming inside her room.

"What should we do?" I asked, immediately standing up and rubbing my back. Her eyes were big, and at that time, they seemed even bigger, as if they were about to fall out of her sockets.

"I-I don't know... you," she looked around, "hide under my bed."

"What?" I screeched, and covered my mouth when I heard footsteps coming towards Hana's door.

"We don't have time, hide!" She pushed me down, and I swear I could bet that she had enough strength to become a wrestler, with the ease she just tackled me down to the floor. I hissed and slipped down her bed like a snake, at the same time the door opened and I could only see two feet from down there. I was holding my breathe, and Hana kicked my foot from behind, probably because it was sticking out and I grinded my teeth together, my heart thrumming in my chest.

"Oh, mom! Where have you been?" I heard Hana say, almost in a normal tone. I couldn't believe how fast she had managed to come up with a plan to hide me, and the way she sounded so relaxed as if she was practiced in lying to her mother.

"I went down for the meeting, but then I remembered I had to get groceries so I went with Mrs. Choi to the new market near the society." Her mother told her, and I just closed my eyes, feeling sweat forming on my forehead.

"Did you get anything from me?" I saw Hana's footsteps follow out to the door, as she pushed her mother out and even walked outside with her, closing the door on her way.

I took a deep breathe and pushed my head out, wiping the sweat off my face as I looked around.

I don't think she'll let her mother come in again, so I can get out.

I hauled myself out from the small space from below her bed and dusted off my shirt and jeans. The door was shut closed and I just stared at it in panic, not knowing where to go.