(36)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"Be careful while you drop them down the bridge, the edge is very low."

I happily stared at Jungkook and Jia who were giggling together as they tossed the kernels down the wooden bridge where we were standing. The water level was very low and Jungkook was tightly gripping Jia by her shoulders as she merrily tossed the food down for the ducks.

I could sense something familiar within myself. When my dad's schedule wasn't so busy and my mom wasn't diabetic, we would often go out for small trips like this. It all felt like a sweet dream now.

"Unnie, why don't you throw the corn down with us?" Jia asked from the side and I just nodded, my legs aching from standing at the same spot for too long.

"You can do it by yourself baby, I'm fine here." I replied, massaging my shoulders as I rolled my head back, exhausted.

I always think about my mental well-being, but if I think about my physical health, I'm not so fit as well.

"If you don't feel well we can sit down by the bench there." Jungkook worriedly glanced my way and I just shook my head as a no, showing him a thumbs up.

"Alright, the corn is finished. Let's just sit and eat the ice-cream before it melts." Jungkook said and picked up the rest of the food items kept near his legs and started walking off the brigde, his shoes making soft thumping sounds against the wood which was somehow very calming for me.

I carefully followed behind him as he trudged near the shades of the trees, no one else in sight. He sat down on one clean bench, letting out a deep sigh.

"Tired?" I inquired, smiling. I sat down by his left side, and Jia plopped on my lap, taking a cone and unwrapping it.

"A little. But for good reasons this time." He smiled, his eyes turning into small crescents. A little hint of dimples popped up on his cheeks when he pursed his lips afterwards.

Even his dimples are so cute...

"Ah, eat the ice-cream while it's still solid. It won't taste the same if it melts." He unwrapped one cone and handed it to me.

"Jungkook..." I whispered to him as I held the ice-cream firmly in one hand while I wrapped another around Jia's waist.

"Hm?"

"I think... you're so sweet."

His smile disappeared and he froze for a moment, looking at me. I dared myself by staring back at him with nothing but gratitude.