(50)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

If you were to ask me, what do I think about relationships, I would literally have no answer. Because I didn't know, till this date, what a real relationship was. Whether it's with my parents, or any romantic relationship, I had zero idea how things worked.

Of course watching movies and reading books about surreal subjects were some things, but they don't really teach you about what you face in real life. Not everything is perfect, not everyone is good to you and... you don't really know what's written in your destiny. You have no idea what is going to happen in the end. Life is unpredictable.

If I were to talk about my parents, well, basically my mother had been devoted to me for some time. I didn't know for what reasons but it felt really good. And for my father, I must say one thing. He was trying.

As we sat at the dining table with my mother across me and my father adjacent to me, I munched on the grilled sandwiches he made lovingly for me. They were delicious. We didn't say one word to each other because both of them knew what was on my mind and I knew what they had in their minds.

"I'm really... ashamed of myself for not being with you both and I hope you can forgive me, Hana." He spoke up. My father's voice was still stiff enough to make me pause, and contemplate for some seconds.

"It has happened and I am fine, so," I muttered, "I still am a little upset but I was kind of expecting you to not be there. So I'm not very concerned about your absence anymore."

He nodded, and without a single thought I quickly finished my meal.

"The sandwiches were really delicious, though." I looked at him with a slight smile.

"Thank you, I'm glad you liked them."

To be honest, it's okay. We cannot control everything. Maybe it was just my bad luck.

And now, I'll observe if this luck changes or stays the same... knowing my father has changed the tiniest bit.

"It was hard to manage for both of us, knowing that I don't know much about paperwork." My mother said from across the table.

That's because it's always my father's job to do everything regarding this stuff. My mom wasn't always careful because she thought dad would be there to take care of documentation. But I'm glad Jungkook had been there to help her.

"I understand. And I'm very sorry."

Wow, hearing sorry from my father's mouth sounds so weird.