(17)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

*Hana's POV*

"Are you ready?" My mom called out as I was struggling to get my jeans on.

"Uh, j-just a minute mom." I said, buttoning up and turning around to see my mom facing me, an unusual look smeared upon her face.

"Why are you wearing jeans? We are not going to a mall Hana, it's a wedding ceremony!"

"But... I like wearing casual. They're not our owns anyway." I shrugged, turning my way to face the mirror.

"Oh my God, you'll always be a kid. There will be a lot of people there! It's a modern ceremony and I don't think this look of yours would get any guy to get attracted to y-"

"Mom!" I protested, turning around and looking at her, eyes filled with plead. "I don't want to attract any guy. I'm just going because I didn't want you to feel upset. It's a mere function."

She sighed, making me internally feel giddy that I won. But then she turned her steps to my wardrobe, her hands shuffling through my neatly stacked garments and pulling out a long dress, making me scrunch my nose.

"No, I'm not wearing that."

"You are wearing that." She looked up and down the red velvet dress, a small smile making it's way to her lips.

"Ew, that looks-"

"Amazing on you. Now just wear it." She handed me the dress and I just stared at her, my mouth frantically open.

"Mom!" I followed her upto the door of my room as she walked out before turning to face me.

"If you love me, then wear this. If you don't, then just wear your sneakers and keep on this outfit." She pointed at my figure and walked out, shutting the door in my face.

And I just stood there with the cold material in my hands as I threw a disgusted look at it, throwing it away on my bed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I-I'm ready."

I walked to my mom's room with wobbly legs, fiddling with my fingers as I stared at her back while she applied an orange coloured lipstick, her face almost glistening.

"Are you?" She didn't turn around, kept rubbing her face that looked fairer than ever since I could remember. My mom was beautiful. Everyone said I looked like her but in my opinions I'm nothing like her.