(31)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"What the heck are you doing all by yourself? Where's the postman?"

I was brought out of my fantasy by my mom's loud voice burning holes in my eardrums when she suddenly knocked the door and very violently tapped on my shoulder.

Those were some good five minutes...

I had almost flinched at her stern voice, knowing that there are times when she understands my body language when I lie.

But I still tried to play cool, enclosing my hand into a fist and turning back at her, with a visible frown.

"He left...he had to go to the third floor." I said, looking into her confused eyes. She looked here and there for the sight of the said postman.

"Were you chatting with him? Took you long enough..."

I sighed at her words, knowing what she meant.

"I was expecting this question. What am I? A princess of the Joseon dynasty? Why do you always keep an eye on me?"

Can't I get some privacy? I'm 18 for God's sake...

"Aish, I was just asking...you know the world is nasty, I don't want anyone to think wrong about you. We never know what intentions someone has."

Her words were meaningful but I was still dumbfounded. Not her fault, the world is a cruel place. Because of some wrong people, the whole world is mistaken.

Even the good people out there.

"I-I just told him the right address. Don't worry, let's go in." I managed to say, lowering my gaze.

She nodded and followed me inside, locking the door.

I quickly walked into my room and took out my notebook, copying the letters which turned blurry on my palm due to sweat, onto the crumpled paper.

I was smiling all the time, unknowingly. When I turned to put the notebook back, my eyes fell on my reflection, my very own self.

It took me some time to take in my own smiling face, because even I never witnessed myself smiling for so long. My cheeks were hurting but my stomach was fluttering.

It was a weird feeling. But I was liking it, because it was making me happy.

And when something makes you happy, you don't want it to end... ever.

I wanted to meet Jungkook so bad. Not because he invited me, but because I wanted to spend time with him.

I wanted to know him more, as a friend, as an individual and as a human. He radiated similar vivacity as me, and I just knew that it would feel nice talking to him.