(23)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

After the whole ceremony was done, we proceeded to the stalls present with various dishes, sweets and other food items to munch on.

The whole atmosphere was hushed, because most of the guests had left after the food was served. We were one of the last guests to be present at the moment.

Every five minutes, I would turn to capture a glimpse of Jungkook, in case he left.

But he was there, on one table, sitting alone with a soft drink in front of him. He looked almost lost, like a child waiting for his parents when they would leave.

Oh, poor boy....

"Why do you look so confused? Just pick up your plate!"

"O-Oh, sorry mom..."

I'm becoming impatient. Will everything go right?

I quickly picked up my plate and we sat down on one table, quite far from the corner where Jungkook sat.

"Ah, Mrs. Kim, did you enjoy the food?"

Again...

"Yes, it's delicious. Did you all eat?" My mom asked the woman who dragged a chair to accompany her.

"Yeah, we were about to leave," she eyed her daughter who stood tediously aside her, "Yena said she's tired. She also said that there is something she wants to tell me, in front of you and Hana."

And I coughed a little, swallowing the lump of food.

"Ah, Hana told me too...what is it about?" My mom asked, concern lacing her tone as she munched on her food.

"Something that happened with me, aunty," Yena spoke up, eyes dully staring at the ground with an evident frown, "thank god Hana witnessed it.."

Goodness, her acting skills are on another level.

"Witnessed? Yena, what happened?"

"Mom, you know that boy, who is sitting at the corner?" She muttered and I huffed out a breath, whisping my head to where Jungkook was seated few minutes ago.

But he wasn't there anymore.

Wait, where did he go?!

"Where? Who Yena?"

"Ah, h-he was there a minute ago! I think he sensed that I'm going to call him out so he ran away..." Yena whispered, and I felt my heart skip a beat.