(33)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

Squirming in my seat, I waited for the teacher to appear in the class, with the bundle of papers.

The cursed answer sheets.

The day was today, the most horrifying Saturday that I was experiencing.

My heart was about to jump out of my chest anytime. I was taking deep breaths, slumping my body back into the chair.

I know I didn't do good this time.

Last time was a coincidence, but this time I'm sure I did the worst.

Maybe it was the intense pressure in my mind, pushing negative and dreadful thoughts into my brain. Or was it just the utmost fear of judgement from others.

Perhaps both.

The class was in a hustle, students were shouting their lungs out in the back. Girls were chatting around me and boys were pushing each other over the seats, like some wild animals.

I hated school and I hate college too.

Everyone is so noisy.

The clicking of heels were suddenly heard in the corridor and everyone jumped back to their respective seat, unlike me who was already glued to the chair since the first period.

Ms. Choi entered the class, suddenly the whole surrounding shushed. It made me more horrified.

No one wished her and she looked around for a moment, eyeing the students in the front row who just stayed silent. Some even rolled their eyes at her.

It's college, what do you expect?

"Alright class, since no one wished me a good morning today, seems like you all already know that the start of the morning isn't going to be good."

With that, she took out the rolled up bundle of sheets from her bag. I sucked in a sharp breath, placing my hand on my chest.

Breathe. It's okay.

What's the worse to happen, I'll be humiliated in front of everyone or just get sent to the principal's office this time.

I was prepared for it, but at the same time... I wasn't.

"I'm giving away the answer sheets back now, I'll call the names and it's my request, please stand up and walk over to here. I'm not in the condition to walk to every seat and hand your sheet to you." She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighs could be heard everywhere.