(6)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"Wait..."

The boy called out in a low tone as I turned around.

Why?

I moved back, pushing my feet up as I reached upto the counter again.

"Y-yes?"

I'm scared. Does he know me? What if he does and tells my parents...

Pushing out his slender arm through the opening, he reached out to my head, his fingers gently brushing against my tousled hair.

What is he doing?

"You had dried leaves stuck in your hair." He softly said as I felt my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

I shouldn't have opened the window.

Swiping his hand mildly on my ruffled hair, he nodded his head.

"It's good now. You can go."

"Th-thank you."

Why is my heart beating so loud?

Without wasting another moment, I walked back to the wooden bench at the corner, as I checked the time.

3:26 P.M.

I should've been home by now.

Worriedly, I kept swinging my legs in the air, beads of sweat forming on my forehead as I tried to calm myself down.

After about 15 minutes, I glanced at the last man exiting the doctor's room.

It's my turn.

I can do this.

Pushing my feet up, I clutched my bag to my chest tightly, my heart throbbing with anticipation.

Slowly pushing the door, I stepped in where a fruity smell invaded my nose, my whole body trembling with anxiety.

Noticing the interior, I relaxed a bit when I saw the pastel coloured walls, which made me kind of calm. I looked at the corner where Dr. Jung Hoseok was resting on his doctor's desk.

He looked nice. With a tender smile on his thin lips, he sat there with his elbows resting on the surface, his chin between his palms. His fluffy black locks were falling on his eyes, which made him look so smart.

Wow.

He doesn't look that old.

"g-good afternoon doctor." I bowed.

"Good afternoon miss, please have a seat." Voice light as a feather but cheerful nonetheless, he gestured towards the couch resting near his chair.

Taking slow steps, I pushed my body up on the hard leather couch as I noticed my skirt pushed up. I panicked as I covered my thighs with my hands.

"Uh, wait.." he quickly looked away, searching for something. Getting up from his chair, he walked to a small locker, pulling out a blanket.

"You can use this." Gently smiling at me, he offered me the quilt as I quickly grabbed it, spreading it over my lap.

"Thank you... doctor." I smiled with so much relief and he chuckled, his mouth somehow resembling a heart.

He seems really sweet and respectful.

"So, you're... Kim Hana right?" Now clearing his throat, he looked through the card that I gave him with my name scribbled on it.

"Y-yes.."

"Are you alone? Where is your mom?"

I gulped, looking away from his eyes.

"She's at home but she's sick." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay...so why are you here? What are you feeling?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest, softly flicking his gaze at me.

"I-I don't know myself, doctor.." I whispered and he raised his brows in confusion.

"Can you elaborate? Are you sad? Or worried about anything? Does anyone or anything scares you?"

"I'm kind of sad... I've been feeling depressed. I-I can't concentrate anywhere. I've lost my focus, my appetite a-and my... parents' trust."

Tears dwelled up in my eyes as I sniffed back, unable to look at the doctor.

Maybe he'll scold me.

Like everyone.

I waited for him to rebuke me, but instead he smiled as his hand reached out to pat my head very lightly.

"I can understand. Don't worry, I'll help you."

He smiled and I looked into his glimmering eyes, with a hope.

I trust him.