(40)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"You know, this is the first time I have been away from my home for this long. Maybe because I'm too coward but don't you think that I'm old enough to get the freedom I deserve? But my parents think I'm so stupid that someone would offer me a candy and I'll follow them around. I know that I am a little dumb but if they don't give me a chance to look at the world the way I want to, then how can they expect me to match their perspective?"

I kept on blabbering, letting all of my frustrations out through my big mouth as I pulled my legs to my chest and propped my chin on my knees, staring at nothing.

I then sighed, turning my head to look at Jungkook, who kept a keen ear towards all my talks and seemed very attentive the whole time. A wave of goosebumps crawled over me when my eyes met his twinkling ones, a curious expression grazing his features.

"O-Oh, did I go too far?"

"No, keep talking." He smiled, his eyes not moving from my figure as I looked away, feeling embarrassed.

"I think I'm done..." I whispered, burying my face into my hands as I felt my eyes burning.

"I loved listening to it all, really."

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded as I didn't look at him but at my feet as we both sat on the soft velvet couch.

"Your t-talks... they're interesting." He whispered, his voice as light as a bird's feather.

"You find them interesting?" I nervously glanced at him from the corner of my eye, "I think I sounded pretty stupid."

"Trust me, letting out your feelings through words is nice, especially when you have a listener around. Not in any way stupid to me."

It was true. I felt light-headed after sharing all the things I wanted to say. The weight seemed to shift from my chest which made me visibly relaxed.

"Do you...also need a listener? Because if you do then I'm here, too." I said, rubbing my fingers together.

"I don't, I share most of my things with Taehyung. He's nice, he listens to me and gives me good advices. But there is just something with you... something strangely common that I find which makes me feel a little comfortable around you."

"What do you mean?" I asked, straightening my back to appear more attentive.

"I don't know. There is a- something like a weird bond? When you told me about yourself and what you did a few months ago, it gave me a sense of nostalgia... something that I found pretty common between us."

I think I know what that might be...

"Sadness?"

"Sadness."

The word left both of our mouths at the same time. Mine was questionable, his was a statement.

A spark that suddenly emerged in my spine made me jerk my head to look at Jungkook, who did the exact with the same amount of shock and amusement plastered on his face.