(54)

*Hana's POV*

*Hana's POV*

When I returned back home after spending approximately 2 hours out, the last thing I imagined was my parents waiting for me, together, outside our apartment.

"Hana, I told you to keep your location on." My father walked towards me as I made my way to him  nervously.

"My phone's battery died."

"You should keep it charged, always." He patted my head gently and I nodded at the ground, confused.

Or maybe not so used to these gestures, especially from him.

"Where did you go today?" My mom asked.

"Just... around the park."

"Come in, let's make ramyeon." She pointed inside and I sighed from tiredness.

"Do you feel weak?" My father quickly asked me as I stumbled while taking off my shoes.

"N-No, I'm fine. I'm just a little thirsty." I managed to say, not being able to understand their sudden changed behaviour towards me.

"Go to your room and take some rest, then I'll show you the admission forms I received from my friend." My father told me as he poured fresh water in a glass and handed it to me.

"You already did?"

"Your dad isn't that slow," he laughed in an attempt to make me smile, but I could only stare at him, in shock and disbelief.

"I can't beleive that you really agreed..." I whispered as I took large sips from the glass, my throat suddenly as dry as the Sahara desert.

"Because now I understand that there's no point in forcing your children into taking steps towards your favourite direction," he said, "yes, parents are a little selfish because they want to see their kids living their best life, that's why we make choices for you so that you can live your life luxuriously."

"But we also can't force you into stepping into our shoes, knowing all well that if the shoe doesn't fit, it's only going to hurt you later." He smiled the tiniest bit.

I couldn't help but feel my heart drum against my chest at his words.

He's so changed...

"If you really do believe that you can do better in a career of your own choice, then who are we to stop you? It just took long enough for me to get it. A doctor, engineer or lawyer aren't the only options in the world. And since my daughter feels passionate towards a certain career, I must support her with all my will, knowing that one day she's going to make me proud either way, right?"

"I-I will," I murmured, stepping closer to him and resting my face against his chest to hide my tears, "I will do my best. Thank you for finally believing in me, dad."

"Fashion designing isn't really that easy, either. But I'm confident after seeing those sketches." He rubbed my back, pointing towards the dining table.