(48)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"Dad called. He said he won't be able to make it today."

I don't care.

"Hana are you listening?"

"Yes. That's um...sad." I tried to sound sympathetic when in reality, I just didn't care if he came or not. Nothing could compare to the emotions I felt for him. He really chose his work when his daughter was in hospital.

"Though he'll come back tomorrow for sure. A meeting came up, he told me," she sighed heavily, "please don't be upset Hana. You know he-"

"He's out there working hard for us. I know mom."

Watching her expression change from worried to sheepish, I turned over in the hospital bed so I was facing the wall. I was hurting internally more than the outside, but no one could see.

Is money more important? Not your own child?

Why do they not understand that we don't need money. We need our family. Being together in happiness and sorrow is more important, not the stupid paper you work 18 hours a day for...

What if something serious happened to me? I would've been happier, atleast he would have cared. If he didn't consider it important coming back to me, then he probably cares less.

My phone buzzed beside my pillow and I picked it up and squinted my eyes to read the sender's name and it immediately lit up my mood.

Jungkook❤️

I'm here
At the rooftop
Could you come here for a while?
^3^

Me

You're back?
I'll try
See you in 5 minutes
:)

I got up from the bed and looked into the mini mirror my mom brought for me as I fixed my hair. Then I carefully hopped off the bed and wore my slippers.

"When do we go home?" I asked my mother who sat on the other bed, and she looked up from her phone.

"Around 7, why?"

"I was a little bored, so I was thinking of going for a round in the corridors... maybe on the rooftop, to get fresh air." I questioned and she nodded.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, perfectly."

"Then I'll talk to the nurse and we'll ask for your dischargement now. You are too bored."