(39)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

I walked on the concrete footpath, the sound of my converse the only voice following me. I watched the vendors at some distance as the fresh smell of garlic bread seemed to be filling the place, making me more hungry.

I checked my wristwatch, wondering if my mom would be looking for me or not. If Jia would be crying, calling my name and wanting me to come back.

I sighed, feeling my chest tighten with nothing but anger. It seeped up to my mind, increasing my heartrate.

Doctor Hoseok...where are you?

Please come back, I need you. I need to talk, I need comfort. I want to let it all out in your shadow.

How do I even contact you now...

As I somehow dragged my feet across the garden, I finally flinged my body on a bench, taking deep breaths. The feels of guilt and exasperation were eating me up but I couldn't help but let it consume me more and more.

Doctor... just see me for once.

Please...

"...Hana?

I opened my eyes hurriedly at the plea of the deep voice as I gulped, seeing the familiar boy standing in front of me.

"Oh? T-Tae...Hyeon?"

"Taehyung." He corrected and I nodded, pulling my hood lower so he doesn't see my puffy eyes.

"What are you doing here in this early morning? Is everything okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Just came by for a walk." I replied, forcing a smile. I peeped from my hood and saw him wearing a cream coloured sweater and brown pants, standing with a worried look.

"You come to this park often?" He inquired and I replied with a single nod. He slowly walked to the bench, taking a seat beside me with a respectful distance.

I mentally groaned because my stomach was twisting in knots. The grumbling that resounded from my body made him look at me and I tightly closed my eyes, getting up.

"Wait-"

"I'm sorry, I have to leave."

"Are you hungry? I can-"

"N-No I'll just go home now... I have a lot of work to do and my mom's waiting for me and I have-"

"Jungkookie is sick." He suddenly blurted and my whole body paused, contemplating his words.