(37)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

It took me some seconds to interpret what had happened. The ring that echoed in my ears after the horrendous blare of the slap, made me shiver with fear.

"That's not how you should be treating your son!" The boy next to Jungkook stepped up, "Why would you hit him!?"

"You're no one to tell me what do I do with my son, you ungrateful jerk!" The man roared and I pushed Jia behind me, her jaw dropping at the sight.

"Yah, what is this? I thought you would be ashamed after seeing the fall in your grades. And you... you're going on dates with some chick? Do you even know how much money I've spent on your studies?"

His bitter choice of words made me piss my teeth in agony. Jungkook just clutched his left cheek tighter, not even moving an inch.

"This is the second time I've visited this place and found this brat instead of you. Have I bought this apartment for this jerk to doze off everyday? Is this some kind of sauna or hotel, eh?"

"I... I gave him the permission," Jungkook had whispered and I just held my breath, not knowing what to do. "He is my friend."

"Friend? You call that a friend? This brat has been living the life in the apartment that I bought for my son! And..." he examined Jungkook from a closer sight and I just gulped, "what is this? What happened to your hair?"

The pause in the atmosphere made me anxious. A group of girls walked past me, stopping by to look at them.

"I...I dyed them."

"You dyed your hair?"

The next thing he did made goosebumps pop up on my skin. Grabbing a handful of his hair in his tight fist, he pulled so hard that Jungkook yelped in pain. The distance was enough for me to hear the hiss escaping his lips, but neither of us were able to do anything.

"Your grades are going down, you aren't worrying. You're skipping classes. You're not available in your house but in your place this jerk is sleeping in your bed. You're nowhere to be found and when I come here I'm finding out that Jeon Jungkook is gone out to have the time of his life with a girl. And that too, with a changed hair colour. What's next? Are you going to audition as an idol?"

"I'm sorry."

Just these two words echoed in the lobby and I felt tears stinging my eyes. The group of people slowly began to dismiss and I felt Jia tightly clutching at my waist in fear.