(49)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

I was discharged from the hospital late in the evening and me and my mother got home, greeted by silence and darkness. I was still upset because my dad didn't return yet, knowing all well how miserable I had been.

I was a fool for expecting they were planning a surprise and that I'll find my father here after I'd get home.

Little did I know, my family isn't the type to give surprises. They mostly give heartbreaks and then apologies to make it equal.

"You should go to your room and rest. I cleaned it up when I came in the morning." My mom said as she placed the bag on the sofa and turned to switch on the lights.

Atleast I have a better relationship with my mother now. I hope I don't ruin it ever again...

I nodded sadly, walking in the direction of my room. I went in without bothering to lock the door and pulled out of my blue slippers, precisely gifted by my sweet boyfriend.

I still wasn't used to calling him as my boyfriend, it just felt too awkward. Although, when I said it in my head and thought about him being close to me, it was the best feeling ever. He made me feel protected, like I was relevant to him. When we kissed for two times, I realised I never wanted to let go. I wanted to be near him. With him. Around him.

Crawling lazily in my bed, I laid down, staring up at the ceiling. For some minutes, I didn't move. I pulled my phone out and called Jungkook, to tell him I reached home safely. But he didn't pick up.

It's okay, relationships require trust and patience. He must be busy.

I decided to take a shower to divert my mind, which was thinking of the worst scenarios once again. I left a message for him on voicemail and picked out my clothes from the wardrobe, heading towards the bathroom.

After stepping into the shower, I collected all of my thoughts and tried to wash away all the bad ones. I only wanted to remember the nice ones, the precious moments of the past few months. Maybe years. I tried to get some people off my mind but...it didn't work.

When I trudged out of the bathroom, I changed into new clothes and dried my hair with the towel as I walked out of my room. My mother was in the kitchen, preparing dinner. I sat down at the dining table, looking up at the round cameras. The light on it didn't blip anymore, which made me feel relieved.

"Mom."

"What?" She asked as she placed the dishes on the table and I stood up to help her.