(21)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

With the sudden rush of adrenaline pumping inside me, I pushed the door open with both my hands, catching the attention of both the persons standing there.

"Leave him Yena! Or I'm calling the security!"

"Who- Hana?"

Yena's voice resonated in the empty room, followed by a gasp.

She was grasping Jungkook's collars, tight enough that she was indirectly choking him. On noticing my presence, she stepped back, pushing her hands up in surrender.

As soon as my gaze met Jungkook's hazy gaze, he blinked a few times before crashing down on the wooden floor, on his knees.

"Hana, you saw that right? Don't even consider him innocent just because of his face! He...he was trying to molest me!"

Right.

"I was trying to save myself! He's trying to play the victim I swear! Just look at h-"

"He didn't even say anything till now, Yena."

And she stumbled on her words before blinking a few times. I looked at Jungkook who wasn't even looking up. His gaze was low, struck on the floor.

"And I think, I witnessed it right."

"You did, right? Please tell everyone that he was-"

"You don't need to tell me! Please shut up for now!" I balled my hands and looked into her eyes. She gulped and halted back, out of the room.

"I'll tell everyone, Jungkook. Just you wait..." Turning back and spitting these words, she walked out of the room.

It was awkward now. To be honest, I didn't know what I should do. I looked down where Jungkook was still on his knees, his perfectly creased collars were now crumbled up.

Before I could perform any action, I heard a soft sob escaping his mouth, echoing in the empty room.

And I felt something breaking inside me.

A single tear dropped from his eye and onto the floor and I gulped, taking slow steps in his direction.

"Jung...kook-"

"Don't." He hissed. His gaze was still low and I couldn't see his face. But it was so visible that he was crying silent tears.

"Hey, don't cry...."

I'm so stupid. I don't know how to console people at these times.

I softly stepped forward and crouched to his level, my heart thumping in my chest.

"Go, please..."

"Why? I can't leave you here, when you're... breaking."

"I said go!" He suddenly screamed and I flinched at his voice. He looked up and his face was all red. Tears streamed down to his chin, his eyes were puffy and even his nose was running.

"I won't." I tried to sound bold but that merely came out with a crack in my voice and I felt like disappearing at that moment.

I sat down next to him, it was very very awkward.

A boy, probably my age or maybe a little older than me was accused of harassment when he clearly didn't even touch her, and now... he's crying his heart out.

I reached out to shakily place my hand on his shoulder and he jerked, making me pull away.

"Do you think that crying like this is going to solve the problem, huh?"

"She accused me..." He whispered, followed by a hiccup which made me soft at the moment.

"She...." He shook his head, "never mind. They're going to believe her because she's a girl. And I-"

"Am I invisible to you?" I cut him in between, "I said I saw all of that."

He wiped his tears and looked at me, a frown evident on his face.

I can't believe he's the same person who was singing melodiously minutes ago.

"So? You'll tell them? And you think they'll believe you? You don't know her and her mom. They're one of a clever-"

"I never said I only witnessed her words, I said I witnessed it all."

When he tilted his head, I quickly looked away, "um...wipe your tears. I'll cover you."

"I'm not crying."

Yeah. Right.....

"Okay. Wipe the sweat that's sticking on your face. It...it doesn't look good."

I didn't know how I was able to sound so mature when I was myself crying in the washroom ten minutes ago...

"You...know me?" Jungkook sniffled, wiping his face with his handkerchief.

"Who doesn't...I mean... y-you sing so good. Everyone would probably be your fan now...."

"I'm going to get in trouble now," he mumbled, "I didn't even touch her. She... she's just so cruel."

Wiping my sweaty palms, I stood up, looking anywhere but him.

"And if I tell you....that it got captured? I mean the whole thing..."

"No," he shook his head, "the security cameras in this room don't work."

Oh there were cameras here too?

I glanced at the corner of the room where I saw a small camera attached to the ceiling.

"I wasn't talking about those cameras, but yeah..."

"What do you mean?" He looked up, a tint of red flushing over his tan cheeks.

I smiled, pulling out my phone.

"Oh..."

"Uhm...yes?"

"You...."

"Yes, I did."

And I knew that the party wasn't going to end any sooner......

A/N

We getting drama. Please vote for this poor soul😔