(38)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

Even after Jungkook dropped us home, I could only sense the kindness and sincerity reflecting in his big brown eyes. The way he kissed Jia once again before leaving, flashing a big smile at me and not saying a single word again.

I could now see the fakeness in his smile. It was painful to witness.

He left us at the steps of the building, the dark clouds gathered once again in the night sky. It was the same as the day, but the only difference this time was, I was excited and eager in the day to see him and this time, I was scared and regretful by seeing him walking off.

I didn't know when I would be able to see his face again. If he was embarrassed because of what happened yet again in front of so many people. He was worth pitying.

I watched as he winced while walking off the steps, the sound of his shoes a hundred times heavier than any time. He was physically well, but I was slowly understanding what was going on in his mind.

"Please take care." I said, not too loud but enough for him to hear. He turned around and looked into my eyes. I didn't even smile, and nor did he.

"You too."

And he didn't turn back again.

I sighed as I walked into the elevator with Jia, feeling nothing but confused. Jia was tired, but on top of that, she was scared because she witnessed something she shouldn't have seen ever in her life.

I didn't say anything to her as we walked into our house, my mom already sitting on the couch, waiting for us with her arms crossed. She greeted me as soon as I stepped in, lost in thoughts.

"You both are late, was everything okay?" She asked and I nodded, taking off my shoes and sluggishly walking in my room, dragging my body forcefully. I locked the door from inside and slid down, feeling my emotions brim up and pour down my eyes.

I wasn't crying for myself this time. I was crying for him. Our fate. Everything that happened today had a strange reaction in my head and I couldn't feel anything but sorrow.

What is this? Why do people suffer like this? What did they even do to deserve this treatment?

I went through this myself and I saw someone going through the same, but with a positive response even after he tumbled down every single time.

I finally realised, I'm not the only one to go through this, there are so many people...but no one can understand us better than the ones going through the same thing.