(27)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"No Jia, you don't touch other people's things without their permission."

I rubbed my butt which was stinging, due to me crashing into the leg of the bed while trying to take my property.

"But I wanted to see!"

"I would show you something else. Do you want candies?" I sweetly smiled at her, trying any way to divert her mind.

"I'm not a kid, unnie!" She crossed her arms and I couldn't control my laughter that slipped through my teeth.

"Then I will eat all the candies myself," I sighed, standing up from the ground with the sketchbook firmly secured under my arm.

"No, I want candies."

Gotcha.

"Okay, come this way."

"But unnie, your drawings are so good! I liked them." She whispered as she waddled behind me to the cupboard, and I pressed my lips into a line, taking in the compliment.

"You did?"

"Yes! The flowers were so beautiful. They looked real, just like my teacher draws in school."

Oh, so she only saw my floral designs.

"O-Oh, I'm happy that you liked them... I don't show them to anyone, so don't tell this to your mom or my mom, alright? It's our secret."

"Our secret?" She smiled mischievously, to which I couldn't decipher I could trust or not.

"Yes, our little secret."

"Okay!"

"Now here comes the candies!" I placed the book under the pile of clothes in my wardrobe before picking up the jar filled with colourful candies of different flavours.

She squealed happily and we both made our way back to the bed, plopping down on the mattress as I pulled out some random packets of candies, sharing them with my little sister.

She popped one in her mouth, suddenly scrunching her nose. "It's sour!"

"Mine is sweet," I stuck my tongue out at her, showing the pink strawberry flavoured candy dancing on my tastebuds.

"Not fair, I got orange." Jia muttered incoherently and placed her head on my lap, still sucking in the sour flavour with her face twisting a hundred ways.