(44)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

It was hard. Too hard to believe everything. I was on the verge of tears again. These days were passing by too fast, not giving me any time to consider if I even wanted to live this life.

Everything seemed to make me mad. I was locked in, under the CCTV surveillance, the round cameras keeping an eye on me all the time.

Dr. Kim visited only once. No one visited me ever since. It had been about a week. I missed Jungkook. I missed Dr. Hoseok, I missed the segment of life I lived a few days ago, which I considered the best part of my whole life.

Meeting Jungkook was fate, but I couldn't decipher how I didn't remember him after meeting him in doctor Hoseok's clinic. Was it the medicine's side effects?

I wanted to go out. I wanted to feel something. My body had been numb. My mom told me that they were fixing another appointment with Dr. Kim at our house today, but I refused to come out of my room. I stayed in, staring out of the window most of the time, in my pyjamas.

I got an urge to lift the blade once again, but what would I use it for? I wasn't brave enough to take away my life, knowing it wasn't all bad, but there were circumstances which affected me and pressed me into thinking that life isn't worth it. But I knew, somehow, there was a hope that I could feel something. I could also make friends. I could be happy. I could fall in love too.

Love.

I sighed heavily, staring down from the window, hot tears now rushing down my face. It was cold.

I checked the time, it was late 7 in the evening. I parted my lips, feeling a warm blow of air escaping my mouth. I somehow knew I was getting ill. My face was pale, my cheeks red with warmth.

My mother entered the room to check up on me again. I didn't respond. I placed my head on the glass of the window, closing my eyes.

"Hana, why is the room so dark? Why didn't you switch on the lights?" She tapped all the switches on in my room.

What's the use of lights when there's darkness all along in my head...

I clicked the window shut, turning over to her.

"Look at you, all skinny and pale. Eat something, please?" She looked worried. I shook my head.

"I-I don't feel so well."

She rushed over to me, placing her hand on my forehead. I leaned against her cold palm, and she gasped.