(19)

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

Oh...

Did I hear that right?

I quickly turned around, swinging back from my seat when I saw an old man scrolling through his phone.

Oh.

That's right.

Life is not a movie.

How can he be here.

I smiled to myself, heaving a sigh and clicking my phone off.

"Oh, Hana." My mom called out as she took a seat beside me, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh, y-yes." I replied, giving her a soft nod.

"He was such a nice boy, did you see him?"

"Who?"

"That boy, Mrs. Han told me he studies in the same University as Yena. He is quite shy, just like you."

"I didn't get to see him, and I don't even want to." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why are you so cold all of a sudden?"

"Because it is cold, and this dress is-"

"Stop accusing this dress. You look pretty. And this is nothing, did you not see Yena? Her dress was even more revealing and tighter than yours." She lowered her voice and I scrunched my face.

"That's all you've got to say? It's her fashion sense." I recoiled, rolling my eyes.

"Right, she is more of a girl of this generation. Whereas you're much prettier than her and you choose to dress as a granny."

"Mom, stop it!"

She chuckled a bit and pulled my cheek in affection while all I did was whine to get away.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention?"

A man spoke through a mic from the stage and I looked up, the crowd now gathering to grab seats around the place.

"Since the bride is yet to arrive, and you all would be getting bored, why don't we listen to some music?"

Oh, that super boring old country music....

I don't like it.

I looked down on my lap, my eyes fixtated on my odd-shaped fingernails.

"And we're lucky that we have a young singer between us."

The sound of claps echoed everywhere and I kept looking down, lost in thoughts.

"Thank you for giving me a chance to perform, even though....I'm not a professional singer..."

Wait....

That voice.....

I felt my fingers trembling all of a sudden, bile rising in my throat and my heart doing a little flip, altogether.

This can't be.....

Is he....

"Nal seuchineun geudaeui yeoteun geu moksori..."

Oh my god....

No no no no, how can this be possible?

Am I dreaming?

This is JK's voice, the same voice and the same song that had been driving me insane?

And the same person...

I slowly looked up, blinking my eyes profusely. He was on the stage, mic in hand. His brown hair that I never got to see in his profile were shining in the limelights. The black tuxedo, however making him stand out from the rest of the men standing behind him.

"See, that's the same boy! I told you, and my goodness...his voice is heavenly!" My mom poked my arm and I flinched.

"R-right...h-he sings so good." I managed to choke out, already drowning in his honey dripping voice.

I know these lyrics. I memorized them.

But holy shit, I never thought I'd get to see him singing live.

This world is really small.

"Hamkke utgo...hamkke ulgo..."

"I dansunhan gamjeongduri naegen jeonbuyeonna bwa..." I lowly hummed, trying to match his rhythm.

"Did you say something?"

"No, y-you must be hearing things."

I can't resist. I want to sing along with him...

I bit my tongue and looked at him again, feeling my cheeks heating up at the sight of his mesmerizing face.

Why does he seem so familiar?

We didn't even meet.... yet.

The melody of the piano and violin mixed together worked as a great background music, creating a soft, euphoric atmosphere.

I wonder if he knows how talented he actually is...boys like this are quite hard to find these days.

The song finished and I frowned, but clapped along with the whole crowd of hundreds of people. Everyone seemed impressed.

"What a great voice you have, little one. Mind telling us your name?"

He scratched the back of his neck shyly as he took the mic in his hands again.

"Jeon.... Jeon Jungkook."

A/n

I took so long lol, my apologies.

And I'm sorry if this seemed clichè, I tried my best <3

And omg, when I die, play SWY at my funeral. My soul would be blessed.

Thank you for your support, I'll try my best to improve in the future! Do vote and comment~