37

Jin has been in Germany for almost a month. His father's condition is getting better. Also his relationship with Jungkook, the two of them are getting intense with each other and Jin promises to return home to Seoul as soon as possible.

That night the Jin family had a dinner together, today was also the birthday of Jin's father so this dinner felt more prepared than a regular dinner.

"I'm happy that I can still feel my age this year. What's more, all my sons are gathered here," said Dad on his birthday.

"Happy birthday, Dad. I love you!" Soobin gave a greeting while hugging his Dad beside him.

"Happy birthday, Dad, from now on I will visit you here more often, especially when Dad has a birthday," said Jin, who joined in the greeting.

"Why does it have to be every birthday? Jin, I have thought of one thing"

Jin furrowed his brows since his father's words were enough to make him confused.

"I have thought that you should stay here, Jin, with your family. You will be my successor to take care of your family's company here"

Jin was taken aback with his eyes suddenly widened when he heard his father's words asking him to stay in Berlin, which means he will leave Seoul?

"But, I still have responsibilities in Seoul and I can't move--"

"Jin..." his father cut him off.

"Do you have the heart to see your father always busy taking care of the company alone? And this makes me have no time to rest. I am sickly, and no one knows someone's age. What if tomorrow I suddenly die? And I'm sure you already have a lot of business knowledge considering that your career in Seoul has been very great, so I think you can lead the company here. After all, you also have to replace me to take care of your mom and brother"

"Dad, please don't talk like that as if you want to die.." said Soobin who suddenly joined the conversation.

Jin fell silent. But inside him, he wanted to scream what the hell was this? but he could only hold it in because today was his father's birthday, and had just recovered. So Jin was afraid of hurting his Dad.

"Dad, I'm an adult. I have the right to decide what I do for myself—"

"So you want to disappoint me? I'm old. That's my only wish, I've never asked for anything from you. Please, this time be a dutiful son"

With a forced heart, finally Jin took the sentence out of his mouth, yes, his mouth not his heart.

"F—fine, Dad..."

"Good. Then you can return to Seoul but only to pack your things and prepare for your move to Berlin. I am very proud of you, my son"

***

Jungkook opened his eyes even though it was still very heavy. While stretching his body, he touched the entire surface of the mattress to find his cell phone.

There is no sign of message notifications or incoming calls there. Jin hasn't contacted him yet. The last message he got was when Jin was getting ready to have dinner with his family.

Due to the time difference between them, it could be the reason why until now Jin hasn't returned to texting Jungkook. It could be that Jin is currently asleep considering that Berlin is 7 hours later than Seoul, so it's still midnight there.
.
.
.
Time keeps running. By this time Seoul had turned into night. This means that in Berlin it is already noon. But Jungkook hasn't received any news from his ex-client. Until now they are still not officially dating. Even though they have exchanged the phrase 'I love you' every day, both of them have agreed to make it official when they meet again.