25

--------- Flashback ---------

Jin stepped on the gas pedal of his car a little deeper, he just couldn't wait to get home quickly. While glancing at the invitation envelope that Jung Woosung gave him that he placed on the dashboard of his car.

After a while, he finally arrived at the basement of the apartment and parked his car. Then headed for the elevator in a slightly faster way. Finally, he reached his apartment floor.

The entrance has been opened, and slowly he stepped into his apartment.

"...Kim Seokjin is my client! I won't fall in love with him! It's just my job. I work with him"

He heard Jungkook's voice who spoke so excitedly but he didn't expect the sentence at all until he accidentally dropped his clutch. He felt like his heart stopped beating. There is a pain in it. Was what Jungkook said true? he thought.

***

*JIN's POV*

I returned to my room with heavy steps. Why is the sentence I just heard so painful, even though there is nothing wrong with what he said. He's just being professional. He works for me. I shouldn't expect him to really love me.

Now there are only 9 days left of him here. I have to refocus on my plan. Should I start looking for another man?

Why is my mind turning frantic tonight. Indeed, if you are too happy it can make things that don't match your expectations even more painful.

Maybe a drizzle of warm water will help me relax my mind tonight.

.

.

.

I could hear Taehyung's voice saying goodbye to Jungkook from inside my room. But it seems Jungkook thought I was asleep, so he didn't tell me.

I took out the maroon envelope from Woosung from inside my clutch. I thought I can bring my best partner, but it seems I changed my mind. It will be more difficult for me if I continue to feel that Jungkook is my boyfriend, my partner. I'd better find someone else or maybe I'll go alone.

Jungkook is already in the room, and I pretend to be busy with my phone. I actually avoided talking to him. I don't know why I'm like this. I feel bad. But this is the best for me, right?

"... I will take Jimin there"

"Ji---Jimin?"

"Yes..—"

It's hard for me to say that. I want to go with you, Jungkook. I want to introduce you to my friends there that you are mine. But I realize you're only temporary, and soon your time is up. So I will make your work easier from now on. I hope you can help me to forget you and find someone else. So everything will go according to plan.

***

*Third person POV*

2 days later

"How do I look? Looks good, doesn't it?" Jimin asked his manager while posing in front of the mirror.

"You always look good, I like it. Where are you going?"

"Didn't I tell you when I asked to clear my schedule today?"

"You haven't told me"

"I'm going to the movie premiere for Hunt. Jung Woosung's latest movie, do you know?"

"Oh, he invited you?"

"No. But he invited Jin and he asked me to come with him" answered Jimin with a big smile, he couldn't hide his feelings when Jin asked him, even though he realized that Jin already had a boyfriend.

"Jin?? Why doesn't he just invite his boyfriend"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm also a celebrity that's why he asked me out? or he could have broken up with his boyfriend. Who knows"

Ding dong

Jimin's doorbell rang, meaning Jin had come to pick him up.

"That must be him, alright I'll go. Bye Namjoonie"

.

.

.

Jin and Jimin walked towards the carpet that had been provided for the VIP guests to take pictures with. Photographers and several journalists also highlighted the arrival of the two because Jimin is a celebrity who is used to cameras.

"Why you bring me here? I feel bad for your boyfriend"

"Uhm.. actually Jungkook isn't my boyfriend. It's a long story but the point is I only hired him as my boyfriend"

Jimin suddenly felt surprised to hear Jin's confession about Jungkook.

"Oh.. well... tonight I won't disappoint you. Thank you for bringing me here. I'm so happy" said Jimin who spontaneously took one of Jin's wrists and held his fingers.

It turns out that there is still a chance to win Kim Seokjin's heart, and it's impossible to waste it, he thought.