18. Test

"I knew it! You are one of our mer clans female's."
The mer man grabs me gently and pulls me from Ellious. I yelp Ellious starts to grab me back and push the mer man.

"Im not, I'm really not let me go!" I get from his grip and hug Ellious tightly.

"We had a mer clan that was destroyed and all the female's were stolen. Then you feral explain to me how you found her." The mer man demands.

"I found my female at Crystal Lake." Ellious tells him.

"So she could be one of our female's, she could have swam up river to the Lake." This guy is dense.

"No! She's not one of your kind. She can't breath in water." Ellious sternly tells him.

"Prove it then lets go to the Lake here." Good lord this man..

"If your wrong ill shave your head!" I say loudly. The mermaid just looks at me and laughs.
You laugh now buddy..
I see other mer folk walk up and start to lead the way to the lake. We all get there in 15 minutes. I see a pretty scenery infront of me the trees reflect onto the water and there's wild flowers orange and yellow all around It's gorgeous. One of the mermaids jump in. He turns around and looks at me.

"Fine..." I grumble
I get in the water just standing there. He guides me deeper and suddenly he pulls me down. I hold my breath terrified. He taps my cheek. I open my eyes looking at him. I see him clearly.

"You can breath female." He says.

"Nnnn.." I shake my head at this idiot. He takes my hand and places it on my neck it feels..
"What the hell!"

I can breath in water? I don't remember turning into a freaking mermaid when i came here this is some weird bull shit. I swim up so does the guy.
I look at Ellious shocked.
I swim to shore and run to Ellious.

"Ellious i don't know what's going on. I was able to breath in water." I whisper

"So it is true she's from the tribe that was destroyed. We want our female back." He tells Ellious.

"First of all im his female." I point at Ellious.
"Im not going anywhere. With anyone but my mate's."

I hear a sigh from the mer man.
He looks at me sadly.

"I wont take you where you don't want to go but i want to make sure you are happy on land. Is that okay? We were very worried when we seen your tribe destroyed we thought nobody would be alive." He tells me.

"Im telling you im not from there its just a weird coincidence that i can't explain." I try my hardest to explain myself.
"Fine pick one man to come back with me..."

Maybe after seeing he will know im not his kind. Gosh this is a headache.
We walk to the tiger tribe to get our things. The mermaids pick the stall guy to follow me back. Great...

"What's your name so i don't have to call you mer man for the rest of the time." I ask him.

"My name is Kelsey." He tells me. Hmm that's not a bad name.

"Im Senexxa and this is one of my mate's Ellious." Im excited to get back home im banking on the idea that Xander will give him a hard time. Heh..
So.. I breath in water and speak their language.. That's weird. Wait! I was in the flood and knocked out.. Am i alive because i was able to breath still? What the hell..
We arrive back with our goods.
Everyone is working on things.
I start pointing out my mate's.

"That's Zade, Cale, Torry, Asriel, and Xander..heh" I tell Kelsey
Xander walks up.. Oh this will be gold. I watch in pure enjoyment.

"So what's your name? You know you have to pass a test to stay here right?" Ha! This is why the blue jays went to the tiger tribe. This will be interesting...