15. Past

It starts to get really late we add furs to the pile with some dry grass to make a bed of sorts. Torry lays down on my left Xander on my right and Cale sits at my feet sewing me a new outfit. I watch Cale.

"Cale tell me a story about you please." I ask in a quiet voice.

"Hmm.. When i was young my clan was attacked by feral beasts. They killed everyone but me and my brother and the female he rescued. Our whole town was torn apart nothing left to take from. We had to heal ourselves at a tribe nearby After we spent 3 weeks healing our wounds. My brother decided to start his own peacock clan he had gone to a parted peacock clan those who wanted to join him did. He pleaded with them all to join and move the clan but the stubborn leader told everyone it was only our tribe the ferals wanted to destroy. A few seasons later they were killed as well. You see these ferals wanted all the peacocks dead because of a dispute. Our old clan leader killed their leader. It was over our mother the feral leader wanted her badly. So they came back with many more ferals. We had the sky but they had numbers. After the war all I wanted was revenge i denied going with my brother. I wanted to kill those ferals like they killed all my people.  I didn't care how. So i traveled learning everything i could. I gained knowledge on how to kill and their secrets, weakness, strengths, history.. All of it. I became more feared than ferals. I killed everything that got in my way. I met a dragon during my travels he wanted to help me. So he joined in on my hatred. We destroyed everything clearing a path for many seasons. He took me under his wing... I was 15 seasons when my tribe was destroyed.. I was 20 seasons when my brothers tribe counted me as worse than the ferals. For 15 seasons i did this. Finally killing every single one who had a hand in killing my tribesmen. After i had killed all those ferals i had nothing left to do i felt empty and numb. I went to see my brothers tribe.. So i went. He had died a few seasons back. I met his son and i kept looking in on them from time to time. His son, his sons son. So on.. The dragon beast took me to the life tree where i decided i will use my knowledge to help others. My revenge was over and put away. After being at the life tree for a very long time 60 seasons in fact. I was granted the name of Elder. I pated ways with the Dragon. He went blood thirsty. I went back to the Tribe and met Ferris my brother's lineage. I started making jewelry out of boredom. There was a few female's who wanted me as their mate but i wasn't interested. I have been portrayed as a Elder but before that i was the monster. I never thought id find someone. Then i met the most beautiful flower. I told myself you'd never know about my past but, I decided i trust you and love you. I can't hide from it and i don't want to anymore because my flower love's me." Cale sadly smiles. I get up crawling to him and kiss him passionately trying to convey everything to him. I love you Cale. Im here and you wont loose me. Your not a monster. I feel awful going through all of that at 15.
After a while of making out. I fell asleep in Cale's arms.

I wake up laying on Cale one leg is over Xander my my left arm is holding onto Cale my right arm is held by Cale and my other leg is sprawled. Torry is already awake and cooking. Xander is snoring slightly. Cale is out like a light. My hair is everywhere this time i didn't drool yay.. I scoot off Cale as gently as i can. I fix my hair. I go over to help Torry. I spice the food and start making some eggs too.
After a while Cale gets up he hands me a white silk looking dress it looks silvery at a angle.

"It's beautiful! Thank you Cale" i give him a kiss.

We all sit down and enjoy our meal. Xander is half awake slowly eating and i giggle at his antics. After Cale takes me to the river here to wash up i dry off as fast as i can. I put my sandals on first because the rocks hurt my feet. Then I put on the dress on quickly because its cold. It has no shoulder straps it fits tightly on the top and the bottom flairs out. It has what looks like green emeralds, black opal and green crystals on strings that look like a belt sash. He hands me a new hair ornament to match with my other one it looks to be a silk ribbon with one of Cale's feathers on it and a piece of black opal on top. Its all beautiful.  Cale braids half my hair for me making it into a bun with the feather ornament around the bun. He braids the rest of my hair down and ties the ribbon to the bottom. After Cale puts a white fur half cloak on me. It basically goes to my elbows on how long it is. It ties in the front. It goes all around me. And it has a hood. Its actually warm and nice to wear. My braid sticks out on the side of the hood.
I give Cale a huge beaming smile and i jump into his arms.