𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Listen hermana, I know you're not on good terms with everyone right now, but I really want you there. So does Anna, she wants you to be a bridesmaid," Sergio explained, holding in a sigh. "You have a plus-one, so you can bring one of your friends— Or both of them! They can both come, Laila and Minnie. I don't know if you're dating someone so—"

"Not that it's any of your business, but I am," Sophia cut him off and Andrew held back a smirk.

"Then bring him and your friends! We have plenty of room. I would love to meet everyone," Sergio reasoned with her. "I just want you there."

"Don't worry, I will be there. Even if our mother is being a pain, I'm not going to miss your wedding, hermano. I'm better than that." Sophia promised him. "I'll text Anna asking about the bridesmaids thing."

"Thank you, Soph," Sergio replied. "If Gabriel and Matias called you, would you answer?"

"As long as our mom isn't in the background. Bye Sergio," Sophia told him before ending the call.

"We're going to Colombia!" Laila shouted, standing up from the couch with a smirk. "I can't wait to give your mom dirty looks to her face."

"Laila." Minnie warned the girl before turning to Sophia. "Do you want us there, Lulu?"

"Oh yeah, you two are coming." Sophia scoffed, nodding her head. "I'm not going alone."

"Um, hello?" Andrew called the blonde, giving her a look. "You would be with me."

"I don't know if you're coming, Drew." Sophia whispered honestly.

"What?" Andrew questioned, sitting up on the couch. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't I go with you?"

"We're not public." Sophia reminded him before Minnie and Laila exchanged a look, leaving the room.

"And who there is going to tell?" He asked back. "Just let me come with you."

"No," Sophia shook her head, beginning to play with her bracelet. "I don't want to talk about this."

"Darling—"

"Andrew, I'm not going to bring you and give my family an open-invitation to try and ruin our relationship!" Sophia raised her voice, shaking her head. "I'm not going to ruin our relationship over this wedding! I won't do it! I value you too much. I value us too much."

"How would they ruin us?" Andrew asked, trying not to grow impatient with her.

"All we're going to hear over there is how you're too old for me and how we won't work!" She told him, tears brimming her eyes. "In LA, in Surrey, everywhere we live in this perfect bubble where we don't have to worry about anything. With my family, that bubble disappears!"

She sat down next to him, placing her hands on his face, "I love you. I love you so much, and that's why I need to protect us."

"If you truly think a week or two with your family will destroy our relationship then you clearly don't have much faith in us, Sophia." Andrew shook his head before standing up from the couch. He grabbed his keys and heading for the front door, "I'm going for a drive."

"Andrew—"

"I just need to think, alright?" Andrew told her, turning around once more to meet her eyes. His gaze softened when he saw the pool of tears in Sophia's sage eyes. He walked over, kissing the top of her head. "I will be back, I promise."

•••

real life | los angeles
the girl talk house
- march 7th, 2022

PICKING AT her food, Sophia sat at the dinner table with Laila and Minnie. The redhead and the brunette were talking about their outfits for the upcoming red carpet while Sophia didn't say a thing. Her head snapped up when someone rang the door to the house. She immediately stood up, running over to the door and opening it. Relief filled the blonde's chest as Andrew stood there. He spoke first, "I'm sorry."

Sophia practically jumped into him, needing his arms around her immediately. She hugged him, trying not to cry as she mumbled into his shoulder, "I'm sorry too."

"Listen to me," Andrew told her softly, pulling away from the hug. "I love you. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. I believe in us, and I believe that a short time with your family won't break us. I won't let it, because I don't plan on ever letting you go, Sophia. This won't ruin us. Believe me— Believe in us."

Hugging him again, Sophia let out a shaky breath as tears ran down her face. She nodded and Andrew wrapped his arms around her tightly, kissing the side of her head, "It's okay. We're okay. We'll be fine."